Disembarking - Freedom of the Seas

mschaetz123

I failed to keep a copy of the disembarkation literature from last week's sailing, but perhaps someone else has it.  If I recall the earliest departue time was about 0700.  Keep in mind however that customs and weather delays can delay this, so I'd be hesitant to book a flight based on this.  Also note that the backup at customs was significant (though perhaps being off early would make this less of an issue).  You can bypass much of the line by hiring a porter.

Note that Freedom of the Seas will be at Port Everglades then, so the information you have may not be as relevant.

Generally, ships start disembarking with self-assist around 7 AM. Fortunately, getting to FLL airport is very easy from Port Everglades. Still, I wouldn't book flights too early, just in case there are any issues with customs that delay getting out of the port.

I agree with the 0700 time but I go on Freedom end of October and the itinerary says it will be back in port at 0600.   

What time the ship arrives and what time the ship is cleared are two different times.  On our Freedom cruise last week, I seem to recall 7am as well for those doing self-disembarkation.