B2B Question - Can I bring 4 wine bottles?

JimnKathy

My wife and I are going on our first B2B in only 18 days and we are so excited! 

While I know we're allowed to bring 2 bottles per stateroom per cruise, can we bring 2 extra bottles for the 2nd leg of a B2B? While I would expect security to possibly hold the extra bottles for us to pick up after the 1st week (as if we were leaving the ship), is there any protocol for us to pick up the bottles on turnaround day to enjoy for the 2nd week? Just curious to know if any of the experienced B2Bers are familiar with this. 

Yes.

By policy you will access to two on the first cruise and they'll release the other two on day 1 of the second cruise.

Having said that I was allowed to keep all 4 bottles for a B2B on day 1 of the first cruise.

To keep things manageable on boarding day I had two bottles of wine in a carry on backpack and my two other bottles in a small roller bag.  They went through x ray next to each other but all they saw was two compliant bags and I can only assume they didn't associate both bags to me.  I wasn't trying to slip through but I did.

6 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

That's a terrific idea...thanks so much for the scoop. ??

If you and your wife went through different security lanes and you each carried two bottles... who would know?  Or act like strangers.  I cruise solo often and I've never been associated to the people before or after me.  

Security is a 3rd party company.  The security company doesn't look at your cruise documentation to know what cabin you are in.  Their focus is banned items that are considered a risk.