Will I be able to book overlapping cruises at Next Cruise?

FionaMG

I want to book our next cruise at Next Cruise while we're on board Harmony at the end of September, partly for the low deposit, partly for the OBC and partly to catch the booking window for the double points promotion.

However, the cruise we really want to do leaves from NJ and although it's still 8 months away (May 2022) who knows where we'll be with Covid at that point and whether we Europeans will finally be allowed back in or not. With that in mind, I was thinking of booking a back-up cruise in Europe for the same time. I know I'd need to book both with a refundable deposit because Royal have most inconsiderately and uncooperatively not extended the sail-by date on CWC, but will the Next Cruise agent actually let me book two overlapping cruises when it's blatantly obvious that I will subsequently cancel one of them? Or will I have to book two separate appointments and hope I don't get the same agent both times? ?

What do you think? Anyone with experience of doing precisely this? I know from reading the boards that booking overlapping cruises is technically possible but am just wondering if the intervention of a human agent might throw a spanner in the works.

I don't think they'll care if the cruises overlap.  

In my experience Next doesn't always have great refundable rates and you usually get no or little OBC with refundable.  Having said that they once found me a refundable rate that was the same as NRD but with no OBC.  Most of the time though the really push NRD to the point where refundable through Next looks like nope.

I will be booking a cruise, the same dates I already have a cruise booked, tomorrow.  I will cancel the 1st one at a later date, when the 2023 sailings come out  and other reasons.    The cruise line will not care if you book overlapping cruises. I also do not find that Next Cruise gets me a better deal.   I did use Next Cruise to book a cruise that was not available to book prior to a cruise I went on.  I asked them to notify me is the cruise opened up to book while on the sailing.  It did, they got ahold of me, and I booked the first day.  I did get a great rate, but I believe it was not because of Next Cruise, but booking immediately when available.  I could have rec'd the same rate thru my travel agent.  Just was not home at the time.  I try to book cruises as soon as they become available and get great rates.

50 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

To be fair, the real game changer is the low deposit. That would still apply even for refundable bookings, right? 

I can only find four Next bookings and the paperwork they gave me. 

Three were in suites so NRD and $100 deposits.  One was a 14 night transatlantic and refundable.  I paid the full $450 deposit on that one.