September Cruise Capacity question

EB1254

September is historically a slower month in general terms primarily because many schools around the country are back in session.  It wasn't unusual in prior years to see lower prices in September but this year with everything going on I think we'll see variable capacity.  

I don't think they'll need to throttle too many bookings and we'll likely see one week way different from the next.  For ships with 3/4 cycles the weekend 3 night cruises will likely have more guests and the weekday 4 night cruises could be much lower.

For larger ships having to reach the point of blocking new bookings probably isn't going to happen.  It will be a great time to sail all ships but Oasis class ships will be fantastic experiences.  Don't even worry about the Key not being offered, you won't need it.

16 hours ago, CJS2766 said:

I’m starting to wonder if I’m the only one on the Symphony on October 16th. I started a roll call thread and with some 47 days left, hardly anyone has responded that they are on that same cruise. That’s a large ship to cruise at 40% or so! 

The Roll Call threads on this site are pretty new and not used heavily yet.  If you want to reach out to (or even just see) more people on your sailing, check Facebook or Cruise Critic and see if you find more people who are talking about that sailing.

16 hours ago, CJS2766 said:

I’m starting to wonder if I’m the only one on the Symphony on October 16th. I started a roll call thread and with some 47 days left, hardly anyone has responded that they are on that same cruise. That’s a large ship to cruise at 40% or so! 

I'm on Symphony the week after you.  I watched a youtube videa of someone on the ship last week and she said there were only about 1,300 passengers so that's only about 20%.