Allure of the Seas....just back yesterday

Wow!! What a great time we had on Allure of the Seas last week. Got tested for CoVid on the 20th, that was a bit of a nervous time, but all 6 of us tested negative. The embarkation process was very simple and quick. We had the 1:00 check in time and we were on the ship by 1:20! Our cruise director, Marc Walker (Amazing) said that the passenger count was a bit under 1600!

I am so impressed with the health protocols Royal has in place. Every where we looked sanitizing and cleaning were going on. The Wind Jammer was great with the crew serving the food. I am really hoping that this is something that will stay as I hate people grabbing so much food and not eating it and making a mess of everything, not to mention touching all the serving utensils. 

The main dinning room as usual was excellent and again the above and beyond cleaning of tables. Everyone working the dining room were so grateful for us to be there and we let them know how grateful we were to be there and to be with them .

Everyone on the ship went above and beyond to make the cruise a great experience. We certainly felt much safer on the ship than we did on land. Even though everyone on the ship was vaccinated (except for kids 12 and under) and all tested negative, the mask mandate was in place as were vaccinated venues. I really did not mind wearing the mask as it was only on to get from the cabin to the next point, or while we were shopping on the Royal Promenade. 

All of us made sure that we showed our support for all the entertainers by clapping and hollering as loud as we could at each of the shows. Mamma Mia was so much fun!! The diving and ice skating show, as always, were top notch!!

I would have to give our time on Allure 10 out of 10!

Oh, and while on board my wife and I booked our next cruise on Harmony for next September.

11 minutes ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

Wow!! What a great time we had on Allure of the Seas last week. Got tested for CoVid on the 20th, that was a bit of a nervous time, but all 6 of us tested negative. The embarkation process was very simple and quick. We had the 1:00 check in time and we were on the ship by 1:20! Our cruise director, Marc Walker (Amazing) said that the passenger count was a bit under 1600!

I am so impressed with the health protocols Royal has in place. Every where we looked sanitizing and cleaning were going on. The Wind Jammer was great with the crew serving the food. I am really hoping that this is something that will stay as I hate people grabbing so much food and not eating it and making a mess of everything, not to mention touching all the serving utensils. 

Thanks for posting this! Glad you had a great time on Allure. I think it’s important to show the crew how much we appreciate them. And supporting the entertainers is always a top priority for me, too! I’m really looking forward to my time on the Oasis next month. Your post makes me feel more confident that I, too, will have a great time!

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It's amazing that every cruise review I've read notes how good the protocols were (even if overkill)

yet the CDC wants to make the protocols more strict.

There have already been quite a few sailings and I’m wondering what the statistics show as far as infection rates on board. If rates are still rather small, without showing a measurable increase…it would seem that the current protocols are sufficient. Even the CDC recognizes that it is virtually impossible to keep Covid off cruise ships…or anywhere else for that matter. They just fixate on cruise ships. I see on the CDC website that they count as ‘cases’ actual Covid-positive passengers, and also ‘Covid-like symptoms’. Does that mean if I get a head cold, or the flu while on board, the CDC will count me as a ‘case’ and add that to the total…even if I test negative? CDC also counts as cases anyone who tests positive up to five days after you complete your cruise and go home. I guess they figure it’s impossible to catch it while traveling from the cruise. CDC doesn’t fixate on airports, flights filled shoulder to shoulder, or anything else as much as cruising. Maybe the next CDC masking recommendation will be cruisers should wear masks while sleeping…and I’m not being facetious.?

10 minutes ago, BrianB said:

There have already been quite a few sailings and I’m wondering what the statistics show as far as infection rates on board. If rates are still rather small, without showing a measurable increase…it would seem that the current protocols are sufficient.

Bayley's update 2 weeks ago said they were averaging only 1-2 positive tests per cruise.

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

Today (8/30), I YOLO-booked a sailing on Allure for this Sunday (9/5).   Now I'm having a hard time booking an appointment for a COVID test.  Any suggestions?

Try the County Health Department (Free as well).  WE used Clay County.  Apopointments Only.

One other thing to mention. Both my wife and mother-in-law have to eat gluten free. Our head waiter, Michael,  was amazing in this area. Every night as we were finishing up our meal he would come over and ask what they wanted for dinner the next night. Every meat that they had was gluten free. The appetizer, the entre and the desert. The menus don't mention anything about gluten free, but all you need to do is speak with your head waiter and they will take care of you. 

1 hour ago, barjpoe said:

We'll be on Nov. 19th, in a JS, so we can get double points and that will get us half way to Pinnacle, unfortunately I don't think we have enough time to get to Pinnacle, as it has taken us 15 years to get this far.

With the cruise we booked for September next year, that will finally get us to Diamond!! Woo! Hoo!!

5 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Today (8/30), I YOLO-booked a sailing on Allure for this Sunday (9/5).   Now I'm having a hard time booking an appointment for a COVID test.  Any suggestions?

I will also be on Allure! If I'm not mistaken, you're in the Jax area? Finding rapid tests there is tough. You may want to go the eMed route.