E.U. Set to Reimpose Travel Entry Restrictions on U.S. Visitors

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Seems kind of late in the game to suddenly be concerned about USA covid counts.

Are they just mad the USA hasn't reciprocated on travel freedom from Europe?

No!! Most if not all European counties have the traffic light system in place, your R Rate increases then you are moving down the colours! 

A country has been placed on green list, 2 weeks later its amber again due to increase in cases, this is nothing against US its just how it is countries looking after there own, What US does is to most people of little concern only those like myself that has cruise booked check to see whats happening across the pond 

Looks like this perhaps won't be an issue for vaccinated travelers: 

From the NYT: "If enforced, the new restrictions would only apply to unvaccinated travelers — the European Council already recommends that all visitors who have been fully inoculated with an E.U.-approved vaccine be allowed to travel. That includes the three vaccines available in the United States."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/30/world/eu-us-tourists-restrictions.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210830&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=cta&regi_id=60496791&segment_id=67619&user_id=e4b7b71302689eb6766109025cba4e41

There seems to be a lot of confusion here several articles are stating if individual EU countries decided to adopt the EU's recommendations it would apply to all Americans regardless of vaccination status.  Then you have other articles claiming the ban would only impact the unvaccinated.  If individual countries enact these recommendations they need to clarify who is in and whose out.

From the link below:

Monday's guidance from the 27-nation bloc reverses advice from June that lifted restrictions on American travellers ahead of tourism season.

The recommendation is nonbinding, meaning individual countries will be allowed to decide if they still wish to allow US visitors with proof of vaccination, negative tests, or quarantine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58386967

From link below:

“However, this guidance is non-binding, so individual countries in the E.U. bloc can decide impose their own sets of restrictions. Travelers should expect a messy patchwork of different rules and regulations across the continent, much like they encounter a mishmash of non-uniform rules and regulations across the U.S.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/08/30/its-official-eu-recommends-travel-ban-for-american-tourists/?sh=42342bee3070

11 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

.  If individual countries enact these recommendations they need to clarify who is in and whose out.

The best and easiest way for anyone to find out the regulations for countries they are visiting is to read that countries government website.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on UK travel restrictions...All UK governments have moved their goalposts AGAIN!!!!

As of Oct the Traffic light system is GONE and new rules will be in place for each country.

there will only a red list! If your country is not on the red list then you will be able to visit with very few measures needed to travel. 

For entry to England No preflight test is needed if person is vaccinated and only a lateral flow test on day 2. 

In Denmark we are 5 millions. The last 2 weeks we have had aprox. 350 positives a day. We have no more restrictions. Still I probably have to cancel symphony in november because I can't get into the US  IMHO it should be possible if one is vacinated and can show a negative test. I really hope some kind of agreement will be made soon otherwise I have to cancel 2 trips on Symphony and a TA on Wonder 😱😭 and there will be no cruises before may 2022 🤯

20 minutes ago, Jdf said:

In Denmark we are 5 millions. The last 2 weeks we have had aprox. 350 positives a day. We have no more restrictions. Still I probably have to cancel symphony in november because I can't get into the US  IMHO it should be possible if one is vacinated and can show a negative test. I really hope some kind of agreement will be made soon otherwise I have to cancel 2 trips on Symphony and a TA on Wonder 😱😭 and there will be no cruises before may 2022 🤯

I read somewhere that the issue with UK and parts of EU relates to the fact that the US doesnt recognise UK vaccine so basically everyone is being classed as unvaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Jdf said:

That's miserable. I feel for you. 😭 I hope you at least are able to do the TA on Wonder.

We had intended doing a visit to New York follwed by a cruise in spring of next year but have decided it's not worth the anxiety, so we are pushing it out to 2023 and will just stay in Europe next year.

20 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

That's miserable. I feel for you. 😭 I hope you at least are able to do the TA on Wonder.

We had intended doing a visit to New York follwed by a cruise in spring of next year but have decided it's not worth the anxiety, so we are pushing it out to 2023 and will just stay in Europe next year.

Im booked out of PR in March with a 4 day stop in NYC on way back to UK. Cant see it happening but cant change it as she who must be obeyed is missing the shops in New York and is having severe withdrawal symptoms 🤣 

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Im booked out of PR in March with a 4 day stop in NYC on way back to UK. Cant see it happening but cant change it as she who must be obeyed is missing the shops in New York and is having severe withdrawal symptoms 🤣 

Let's hope NYC is in better condition by the time you get there. It's not that great right now. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I can hear @Lovetocruise2002 booking a flight as we speak

Since this whole nightmare started, Canadians have always been allowed to fly into the US.  What is still uncertain is how this latest announcement impacts the land border.  That is the piece I care about the most because I usually fly out of Detroit.  Either way, I am cruising (unless covid gets in my way) come December.  I have refundable flights booked on Delta and Air Canada.