When does Diamond kick in?

LonB

I'm currently Emerald -- I will hit 78 points on my next cruise (mid-Sept).   I'm taking another in December (Solo, so 4 points a night). I will hit Diamond after the first night of the December cruise (technically). Will it kick in on the December cruise or do I need to wait until whatever is my NEXT cruise to be 'fully Diamond'?    Does anyone know?   Thanks, I appreciate it. 

13 minutes ago, LonB said:

I'm currently Emerald -- I will hit 78 points on my next cruise (mid-Sept).   I'm taking another in December (Solo, so 4 points a night). I will hit Diamond after the first night of the December cruise (technically). Will it kick in on the December cruise or do I need to wait until whatever is my NEXT cruise to be 'fully Diamond'?    Does anyone know?   Thanks, I appreciate it. 

New C&A level benefits kicks in on the cruise AFTER you change status, except for Pinnacle. So for you, Your Diamond benefits will take effect on whatever cruise you have after your December cruise.

10 minutes ago, Josh C said:

New C&A level benefits kicks in on the cruise AFTER you change status, except for Pinnacle. So for you, Your Diamond benefits will take effect on whatever cruise you have after your December cruise.

Thanks Josh - That's what I figured.   Appreciate the quick response 

6 hours ago, JC Pats said:

So when does pinnacle start counting?   What happens if you happen to change status  during a cruise?  (to pinnacle level)  Just curious, as I will be pinnacle sometime next year.

1 hour ago, Linda R said:

So when does pinnacle start counting?   What happens if you happen to change status  during a cruise?  (to pinnacle level)  Just curious, as I will be pinnacle sometime next year.

By policy Pinnacles are "recognized" on the cruise they cross 700 but the perks and benefits don't fully kick in until the next cruise.  Recognized means they are announced at Top Tier, get a certificate and a picture with the Captain.

Some loyalty ambassadors have been reported to grant Pinnacle benefits on the same cruise when a guest reaches 700, most LA's stick to the policy.  

Given there is no Top Tier event on short cruises that can alter things a bit.  Many Pinnacle plan their 700 cruise for a favored ship and long enough to have a Top Tier event.

Like many things Royal, it can be inconsistent.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

By policy Pinnacles are "recognized" on the cruise they cross 700 but the perks and benefits don't fully kick in until the next cruise.  Recognized means they are announced at Top Tier, get a certificate and a picture with the Captain.

Some loyalty ambassadors have been reported to grant Pinnacle benefits on the same cruise when a guest reaches 700, most LA's stick to the policy.  

Given there is no Top Tier event on short cruises that can alter things a bit.  Many Pinnacle plan their 700 cruise for a favored ship and long enough to have a Top Tier event.

Like many things Royal, it can be inconsistent.  

Thanks for information.  If all works out I would be pinnacle Dec 2022 on a B2B cruise.   Not expecting any benefits until the next cruise after that though.  Was just curious.

We sailed in a suite this past June. We debarked on a Saturday and 7 days later the following Saturday my C & A points were visible/assigned, I could see the change (double points) on my app and on the sign in on the website. Crazy thing is I sailed with my husband and my daughter same cabin, they did not receive theirs. It took one phone call and all was corrected. Just wanted to share our experience.