Double C&A Points ...

Not today, but I did book on Monday to beat the deadline. Wasn't planning on cruising next Thanksgiving, but Adventure's 5 night out of Galveston was a better deal than using our timeshare points for the same time. It was a no brainer. The funny thing is our original goal when we started sailing with RC in 2018 was to reach Diamond by the time I retired in 2029. With the points we will earn between our Dec '21 & our July '22 cruise, we will be Diamond. Now, the new goal is D+ by retirement. 20 points for the Nov '22 cruise was an opportunity we couldn't pass up. 

3 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

Not today, but I did book on Monday to beat the deadline. Wasn't planning on cruising next Thanksgiving, but Adventure's 5 night out of Galveston was a better deal than using our timeshare points for the same time. It was a no brainer.

You've got a definite advantage being so close to the Galveston port. It would be so much easier for us to take advantage of this Double C&A offer if we were within a reasonable driving distance of a port. (Baltimore is closest and it's 9-10 hours away!)

36 minutes ago, SPS said:

You've got a definite advantage being so close to the Galveston port. It would be so much easier for us to take advantage of this Double C&A offer if we were within a reasonable driving distance of a port. (Baltimore is closest and it's 9-10 hours away!)

Yes, it is very convenient. We are only about 45 mins. from Galveston. The only downside of it all is very little variety in ports. We will be making our 5th (July '22) and 6th (Nov. '22) trip to Cozumel since 2018. 

Looks like Royal is not going to extend this promotion, so here I am going through the website trying to book another cruise for Fall 2022 since I got nothing around that time! I got 3 in Feb, March, and April 2022 which will get me to Diamond status, but Diamond+ is the next goal! Pinnacle seems like a stretch lol.

3 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Anyone rushing (or panicking) to beat the deadline for Double Point bookings?

We would love to, but my wife only has three weeks vacation in 2022.  Two of those are already taken up with cruises. 

We kicked around the idea of me doing a solo week to rack up points but after 25 years of working opposite days/shifts to keep the kids out of daycare, I’d rather not take a vacation alone.  Once all the kids moved out, we realized we still enjoy each other’s company. 

2 minutes ago, teddy said:

We’re going to end 2022 with 79 points. 

Not too shabby for a couple who never cruised until 2019.   Double points definite helps. 

I became Diamond after my Allure sailing in September.  I'm getting my glass block (fingers-crossed) on the Oasis in November, then getting to Diamond Plus in December.  Double points indeed help!

2 minutes ago, emmef said:

Cool, you might see the Northern Lights!  Our June cruise is too early for that.

That's the reason why I booked it in September.   I was on the Ovation early September 2019.  There was a forecast that the Northern Lights would show up.  I waited up to a little bit past midnight but my body was on Florida time zone so I had to go to bed.  The next day, the lady on the excursion was showing pictures she took of the Northern Lights the night before.  (Shaking my head)

I wanted to book one more but I won't know my 2022 vacation time until after Oct 15th. IF I lived near a port it would be easier. But alas I am stuck in Chicago. I also have very specific vacation time. Anytime in Jan and between October 15th and Nov 30th. With final payment pushed back I am tempted to just put a few deposits down. This place is a bad influence 😉.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I got back from my first RCCL cruise last week: a 7-day cruise aboard Oasis. I was, of course, "Pre-Gold" when I started the cruise. Apparently, per the C&A rep, "Pre-Gold" didn't qualify for the double-double points for solo cruisers, but rather just normal double-points for solo cruisers as if there were no promotion. On all my future cruises I booked before the Sept. 30 deadline, I'll get double-double points as a solo cruiser going forward, but I'm missing out on an additional 14 points because I wasn't at least Gold status when I cruised on Oasis. 😕

8 minutes ago, Chadster said:

So, I got back from my first RCCL cruise last week: a 7-day cruise aboard Oasis. I was, of course, "Pre-Gold" when I started the cruise. Apparently, per the C&A rep, "Pre-Gold" didn't qualify for the double-double points for solo cruisers, but rather just normal double-points for solo cruisers as if there were no promotion. On all my future cruises I booked before the Sept. 30 deadline, I'll get double-double points as a solo cruiser going forward, but I'm missing out on an additional 14 points because I wasn't at least Gold status when I cruised on Oasis. 😕

9/26 Oasis was our first cruise ever on RC.  I signed myself, DH, and teens up for C&A and we were pre-gold before the cruise.  Just checked and kids and I all have 28 points (7x2 for suite, x2 double promo), but husband has only 14.  

FB799470-0F6F-4DC0-AF33-03D8DFE487C3.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

Just checked and kids and I all have 28 points (7x2 for suite, x2 double promo), but husband has only 14.  

Ahhh, yes...looks like it'll be a case of "call back until I can get it taken care of" situation if they're apparently doing it in at least some instances. If they were uniformly sticking to the policy, I'd just shrug it off, but now...

I hope you can get yours sorted, too!

3 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Ahhh, yes...looks like it'll be a case of "call back until I can get it taken care of" situation if they're apparently doing it in at least some instances. If they were uniformly sticking to the policy, I'd just shrug it off, but now...

I hope you can get yours sorted, too!

Quite frankly, I’m not even going to bother.  I’m just going to make sure that DH is linked to my account as a spouse so he gets the same on board benefits I do.  I really don’t have the patience to try to explain this.  My last call to get DH the deluxe drink package and me the refreshment package (I haven’t drank in 20 years), took well over an hour - most on hold.

I wish you the best trying to get yours straightened out. 

I usually wait when I see a discrepancy in my posted points. Most times it self corrects after a day or two. But this time, I know there are lots of issues with Royal’s systems being very busy during these confusing times. So I saw my points posted for my Sept 26 cruise were wrong. I was due 42 points for the seven night cruise but only received 28. Also, the cruise before that…on Sept 19 didn’t post yet. I called C&A and the call was answered quickly. The agent, David, saw the discrepancy and got it corrected right away. Now I have the 42 points added for the second cruise. He also took care of the first cruise but I have to wait a few days for those 42 points to post. 

Well, I've been told by multiple folks at RCCL (including the C&A folks) that I only qualified for regular double points as a solo cruiser on my 9/26 cruise on Oasis because it was my first RCCL cruise, and to get the additional "double points", I would've had to already be a C&A Gold level member -- not Pre-Gold as I was at the start of the cruise. So for the 7 days, I got the standard 14 points instead of the 28 under the promo. For my future cruises I booked during the promo period, I'll get the "double-double" points.

Of course, it appears that RCCL was a bit inconsistent in applying that, so well-done to the first-time RCCL cruisers who lucked into the double-points promo for that first cruise!

Just more reason for me to add another cruise! Oh, noooo😄

1 hour ago, Chadster said:

Well, I've been told by multiple folks at RCCL (including the C&A folks) that I only qualified for regular double points as a solo cruiser on my 9/26 cruise on Oasis because it was my first RCCL cruise, and to get the additional "double points", I would've had to already be a C&A Gold level member -- not Pre-Gold as I was at the start of the cruise. So for the 7 days, I got the standard 14 points instead of the 28 under the promo. For my future cruises I booked during the promo period, I'll get the "double-double" points.

Of course, it appears that RCCL was a bit inconsistent in applying that, so well-done to the first-time RCCL cruisers who lucked into the double-points promo for that first cruise!

Just more reason for me to add another cruise! Oh, noooo😄

Glad you were able to get something from them!  
word of warning:   I had added an old cruise from AGES ago-lots of struggle since they hadn’t maintained records. Flash  forward a few years, and I’m trying to add a current cruise they failed to give me credit for and the agent REMOVED that 7 night cruise credit saying it shouldn’t be there. 

COVID delayed our Diamond status by a year (4 cruises cancelled).  But we will finally earn Diamond at the end of this month

QUESTION- We booked our January '22 cruise almost 2 years ago and downsized from a JS to a balcony.  Does anyone know if we switch back to a JS if we will get the double points?  

I miss the double points promotion already.  Maybe they will bring it back for Black Friday?  Or cruises to Cuba?  Wishful thinking.

21 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

COVID delayed our Diamond status by a year (4 cruises cancelled).  But we will finally earn Diamond at the end of this month

QUESTION- We booked our January '22 cruise almost 2 years ago and downsized from a JS to a balcony.  Does anyone know if we switch back to a JS if we will get the double points?  

I miss the double points promotion already.  Maybe they will bring it back for Black Friday?  Or cruises to Cuba?  Wishful thinking.

I called C&A and asked a question about upgrading to a suite from a balcony and double points.

What they told me was the booking date is the main qualifier to be eligible for double points.  If booked before Sept. 30, 2021 the booking qualifies for double points.  With that checkbox qualified, if you upgrade to a suite manually, by calling, asking to be upgraded and paying for that upgrade, that means you get double points based on a suite booking. 

RoyalUp does not net you extra points for upgrading into a suite.  If you RoyalUp from one suite to a better suite you were already going to get double points for a suite booking so you still do.  If you RoyalUp from a balcony to a suite for a booking that qualifies for the double points promo, you get double points for a balcony booking.  

As far as will we ever see the double points promo again?  My gut says no, but I've learned you can't predict what wild and crazy things are going to happen during these unprecedented times.  Anything is possible. 

With huge positive impact maybe they could do a Black Friday double points promo if they are seeing soft demand or they want to generate some immediate cash flow and booking numbers.  Who knows?