Double C&A Points ...

Reduced single supplements are dynamic as they are capacity controlled.   They allocate X and once X are sold in a category they are gone.  Sometimes X = 1, sometimes X = 2, sometimes X might equal something else.  It isn't published.  

If you see something don't spend a lot of time thinking about it.  Someone else like me might swoop in and take it from you.  

On 9/9/2021 at 2:45 PM, PG Cruiser said:

I just realized that as of Monday, I have reached Diamond Level!  I had 73 points when I got onboard the Allure last Sunday.  If my reckoning of the Double Points promo is correct, together with the double points I’d gotten as a solo cruiser, I am now (unofficially) Diamond. Yay!

We just finished our first Diamond cruise and we loved it! You will too! I just wish the diamond lounge opened at 6:00 am instead of 7:00 so I could get my first coffee there.

I just got home from my cruise on Allure that got me to Diamond level.   I know the C&A Ambassador said it'll take about two weeks for my status to be updated. Is it weird that I have checked if my Emerald status has been updated to Diamond several times already since I got home?

37 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I just got home from my cruise on Allure that got me to Diamond level.   I know the C&A Ambassador said it'll take about two weeks for my status to be updated. Is it weird that I have checked if my Emerald status has been updated to Diamond several times already since I got home?

Not at all. 

I’m anxious to see our Platinum level show up after last week’s cruise.  Even though we got off the ship yesterday, I checked. 😁

We made it to Platinum the old fashioned way.   Now, with the double points promotion, we’ll be Diamond by the end of 2022. 

I'm secretly hoping they forget to apply my double points for my last cruise. 

That way I'll get a crystal block on my next cruise and once I call them to fix my missing points I'll get the block for my last cruise which they didn't have on board but will ship in a couple months.  With my luck they'll post my points properly.  

Only several?

Or is that several times per day?

Looks like my reckoning for the Double Points promo is wrong.  As a solo cruiser in a double occupancy stateroom I was expecting 4 points per night - a total of 28 points for a 7-night cruise.  They only gave me 14 points.   I made it to Diamond, but still... they owe me 14 points more

1140118449_ScreenShot2021-09-17at10_36_00PM.png.df8b0e601253f586187ac7a4fbd62602.png1809091322_ScreenShot2021-09-17at10_36_36PM.thumb.png.66fa7f9b5cb718976caeb4e284bd3c82.png

I'll call them tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Looks like my reckoning for the Double Points promo is wrong.  As a solo cruiser in a double occupancy stateroom I was expecting 4 points per night - a total of 28 points for a 7-night cruise.  They only gave me 14 points.   I made it to Diamond, but still... they owe me 14 points more

1140118449_ScreenShot2021-09-17at10_36_00PM.png.df8b0e601253f586187ac7a4fbd62602.png1809091322_ScreenShot2021-09-17at10_36_36PM.thumb.png.66fa7f9b5cb718976caeb4e284bd3c82.png

I'll call them tomorrow.

Hope they fix it - I am doing a solo cruise in a couple of weeks and was hoping for the 28 points - let us know what they say!

7 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'll call them tomorrow.

Your reckoning is not wrong - FAQ clearly states you will get 4 points/night https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-many-cruise-points-will-i-earn (screenshot was also posted by Mark_A earlier in the thread)

2 minutes ago, roundabout said:

Your reckoning is not wrong - FAQ clearly states you will get 4 points/night https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-many-cruise-points-will-i-earn (screenshot was also posted by Mark_A earlier in the thread)

I'm waiting for 9am EDT to call them ... countdown timer is on... ha ha

7 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Did you have to call them to get it done…or did it update automatically? Just wondering if the promo points are just delayed.

I called them.  The agent said the system is having issues with solo cruisers and their "double-double" points.

Looking back, I think the issue is not with the Double Points Promo itself.  It has more to do with the double points that solo cruisers in double occupancy rooms get.  I have had to call them about my double points several times in the past.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:42 PM, PG Cruiser said:

Why "never again?"

We tend to over pack and the every time I turned around, I was bumping into my wife. We made it work, and perhaps never again is too harsh, just I'll really think long and hard about booking one, and it will 1) be a good deal vs other balconies, and 2) it will need to be a cruise I REALLY want to take.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:35 AM, PG Cruiser said:

I called them.  The agent said the system is having issues with solo cruisers and their "double-double" points.

Looking back, I think the issue is not with the Double Points Promo itself.  It has more to do with the double points that solo cruisers in double occupancy rooms get.  I have had to call them about my double points several times in the past.

This is quite common for solo cruisers.  For as long as I’ve cruised solo there are often times the points don’t multiply automatically.  It’s never been an issue to get it corrected.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

This is quite common for solo cruisers.  For as long as I’ve cruised solo there are often times the points don’t multiply automatically.  It’s never been an issue to get it corrected.  

I cruise solo virtually all the time and I sort of expect this. Sometimes right after the cruise my points are not doubled (or tripled in a suite) when they first post on my account. Resisting the temptation to call immediately, I find that they usually auto-correct a short time later. Maybe the computer needs time to catch up. Computer techs probably forgot to feed the hamster spinning the wheel.

On 9/4/2021 at 7:07 PM, twangster said:

I know a couple who will sometimes put the husband as a 3rd in a friends cabin and book the wife in a suite.  Once on board they get an extra key from guest services.  

In their case they designated the wife as the ladder climber.  It doesn't matter who you pick, but if one or the other has more points already, might as well designate them as the ladder climber.  

When they don't know a friend on board they get whatever is cheapest for him.  Interior, OV, balcony, what ever, it doesn't matter. 

The wife gets the extra points, they both climb higher, faster.   

@twangsterwho are you, who are so wise in the ways of C&A.😆

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

How many here believe that Royal will extend the booking deadline for the Double Points Promo?  It's supposed to end tomorrow.

I asked a similar question right before the previous expiration (June 30 I think) and was pleasantly surprised when they extended it to now.  Unfortunately, my wife still isn't comfortable booking trips mostly because our son is too young for a vaccine and she won't consider leaving him with his grandparents for a whole week.  I've made my peace that we'll be missing out on the Double Points promo.  I'm really hoping they will extend the booking date until Dec 31, 2021 and I seriously doubt they will extend the Dec 31, 2022 sail by date.

Can someone clarify this for me: we’ve got a 7 night Alaska with a 3 night Royal land tour. We are in a Junior Suite. 

It shows up in my cruise planner as a 10 night. All 10 nights are counted as a junior suite booking correct? So total would be 40 points? 

Please say yes because that’s what I’ve been planning on to get us to Diamond Plus. 

1 minute ago, Jill said:

Can someone clarify this for me: we’ve got a 7 night Alaska with a 3 night Royal land tour. We are in a Junior Suite. 

It shows up in my cruise planner as a 10 night. All 10 nights are counted as a junior suite booking correct? So total would be 40 points? 

Please say yes because that’s what I’ve been planning on to get us to Diamond Plus. 

Yes! We did a GS and a 7 day land tour and 7 day cruise combo in 2014 and got 28 points for that sailing.

14 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes! We did a GS and a 7 day land tour and 7 day cruise combo in 2014 and got 28 points for that sailing.

Thank you! That’s what I thought but ya know September 30 is hours away and I got that fleeting moment of “oh 💩 did I count correctly?” We will be right at 175 points by the end of October 2022 and if I counted wrong, I’d be forced to book more in a hurry! 

3 minutes ago, Jill said:

Thank you! That’s what I thought but ya know September 30 is hours away and I got that fleeting moment of “oh 💩 did I count correctly?” We will be right at 175 points by the end of October 2022 and if I counted wrong, I’d be forced to book more in a hurry! 

😆 Completely understand..I am on my D+ quest as well. My cruise card calendar is quite full at the moment but I still can't stop shopping! 

I don't think they will be extending the double points offer, sadly. The last extension wasn't a last minute thing, it is already the 29th. Some faithful TA would have posted something in regards to the extension if it was happening. I really wanted 1 more month, Dec might have been stretching it but Oct 31st would have been a sweet spot.

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Some faithful TA would have posted something in regards to the extension if it was happening.

Yeah my faithful TA reminded me when I put a hold on yet another booking this morning that I had to pay the deposit by tomorrow for it to count for double points. 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

I asked NextCruise on my last sailing and they said the land tour counts for double points.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

😆 Completely understand..I am on my D+ quest as well. My cruise card calendar is quite full at the moment but I still can't stop shopping! 

I already had to book a 4th to get to Diamond Plus. Originally our 12 night next October wasn’t included in double points. Then they extended it to December. Now that cruise was in play and left us 14 short! Booked Harmony cause it’s only 2 hours to PC. Then Wonder came along and I moved Harmony to Wonder and a longer drive but ultimately a better cabin and $500 cheaper! Win win

18 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Anyone rushing (or panicking) to beat the deadline for Double Point bookings?

Kinda. We've had our eye on a couple different sailings for next fall and still haven't decided.

Maybe we'll just do some coin flipping and book by midnight!

(I wish we had booked that 7N Mediterranean on Allure a few weeks ago before it was replaced with Wonder. We could have gotten switched to the new ship at a lower price!)