Bayonne...Oasis

Pen

15 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Curios if anyone knows if the cruises from NJ at least for now are going to be severely capacity limited? If it is, is it limited by rules or limited by not enough bookings? The idea of being on Oasis with just 50% capacity sounds pretty emjoyable.

I just read a blog that Symphony only had 1300 last week...yes I know you asked about NJ and she sails from Mia but just threw it out for comparison.  They also stated that there were excited it was so limited but then later found that with such limited people that the "heart" of the ship didn't seem to be there.  Excellent service and food but they missed having people onboard.  

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

I hope Oasis is sailing with limited capacity in September. But I’m conflicted….I really want Royal to get back to normalizing cruising, as quickly and safely as possible….but I’m really looking forward to having that unusual experience of less people on board!

I'm hoping the October 10th sailing is at 30-50% capacity and then after that it can be at 100% Capacity. ?

On 8/28/2021 at 8:38 AM, DanielB said:

I just read a blog that Symphony only had 1300 last week...yes I know you asked about NJ and she sails from Mia but just threw it out for comparison.  They also stated that there were excited it was so limited but then later found that with such limited people that the "heart" of the ship didn't seem to be there.  Excellent service and food but they missed having people onboard.  

Thanks, it seems most ships are sailing less than full. I wonder if that is a demand thing, a Royal Caribbean policy for now or forced local restriction? I assume in Florida its not a local restriction. 

On 8/28/2021 at 7:46 AM, Pen said:

We are sailing out of Bayonne on Oasis of the Seas end of October.  We are at 57 days.  Entertainment hasn't opened yet.  Has it open for any of the other sailings out of Bayonne that are leaving sooner?

Penny

We're sailing on October 3rd... still not open yet.

The ships won't be at 100% capacity in 2021. At most you might get 50% for holiday sailings. With all the restrictions and protocols, there isn't a way to sail at full capacity. But I also expect that you won't be able to book entertainment until they are at least 75% capacity. The whole purpose for booking entertainment early in CP is to ensure a space, no need when its <3000/6000 pax.