For those that have cruised this year…

Matt

• Matt changed the title to For those that have cruised this year…

We were at the pool more due to limited Adventure Ocean time and the lack out outdoor mask rules for our son (we were on Adventure before vax masks were required)

A lot less desire to do excursions, also due to the specific rules for excursions for unvaxxed kids. We don't tend to do RC-sponsored excursions since there are plenty of reputable and reliable private excursions for less money

Due to cancellations and work school schedules, our 7 night on the Allure turned into a 4 night on Freedom. Still had an amazing time, but a <7 night cruise doesn’t make a lot of sense when you have to fly into the port.  We spent 1 day each way for an total of 2 travel days for a short vacation.

our only change is to not do short cruises ?

We were on AOS in June. I thought really hard and couldn't come up with anything that I would do differently.  We did spend a lot of time at the pool, and in the hot tubs - which were pleasantly uncrowded.  We spent a day at Coco Cay with a prime spot at the pool bar, and a second day at the Beach Club (which was really nice and had a great lunch).  

Come into Nassau a few days early instead of just the day before. I was able to wander around some butI wouldn't have minded a few extra days to actually plan something to do and experience the island while tourism is as low as it is.

More time on the pool deck, most of the time I avoid it because of how packed it is, and I kept that habit, only really spending the mornings out there.  

I wish I hadn't done the Beach Club at CocoCay both days, it was fantastic no doubt and the food was wonderful, but looking back I missed out not doing the waterpark or spending any time on the rest of the island.   

Taken more NUUN with me, there were a couple rough mornings.

I wish I would have done a B2B, and not listened to Air2Sea and insisted on flying in and out earlier/later. I wish I never took the Bahamas Air flight, we were literally the last group on the ship. ( Air2Sea was the only reason I could keep my wits about me knowing the ship would wait for us. Talk about a stressful start but I quickly made like Elsa and "let it go!"

49 minutes ago, joshgates said:

Come into Nassau a few days early instead of just the day before. I was able to wander around some butI wouldn't have minded a few extra days to actually plan something to do and experience the island while tourism is as low as it is.

More time on the pool deck, most of the time I avoid it because of how packed it is, and I kept that habit, only really spending the mornings out there.  

I wish I hadn't done the Beach Club at CocoCay both days, it was fantastic no doubt and the food was wonderful, but looking back I missed out not doing the waterpark or spending any time on the rest of the island.   

Taken more NUUN with me, there were a couple rough mornings.

I agree on Beach Club - we had 2 days at Coco Cay and enjoyed the day we spent at the pool bar just as much.  I do think the Beach Club would be well worth it with full capacity at Coco Cay (at least at the $79.00 that we payed)