Price change for drink package in the middle of cruise planner booking

I recently had my 4th cruise on RCL canceled this year, this one out of San Juan during Halloween.  Yesterday I received m FCC and finalized the full payment on my next cruise on the Odyssey October 23rd.  I was on the cruise planner site and it the middle of the transaction they raised the price of the deluxe beverage package from $62 to $71 per day!!!  I called customer NO service and the Crown and Anchor Society and they said they couldn't do a thing about it!!!  I am a Diamond Club member and actually am paying for another room on this same cruise.  They treat you like a first time cruiser in an interior cabin, zero regard for customer loyalty at RCL.

IF you are diamond member...I am not saying you couldn't get there on 3 cruises but unless they were B2B solos, I doubt it. You would know that CP sales end at certain times. I have never heard of this happening. If you were in the process of paying they would have honored the sale. What you probably mean was you put the DBP in cart and as you were paying the new price kicked in. I fail to see how this is RCG fault. I also fail to see what your C&A status has to do with CP transactions. Do you think you are owed special treatment?

2 hours ago, Dan Swayne said:

I am a Diamond Club member and actually am paying for another room on this same cruise.  They treat you like a first time cruiser in an interior cabin, zero regard for customer loyalty at RCL.

The amount of cruises any person has been on or their level of membership should not even come into the equation! 

When it comes to drinks package, excursions or anything else on the cruise planner everyone is and should be in the same boat..

4 hours ago, Dan Swayne said:

They treat you like a first time cruiser in an interior cabin, zero regard for customer loyalty at RCL.

Some of us choose inside cabins regardless of what level C&A we are.  Not sure why you’re throwing shade at cruisers who enjoy our interior cabins.

23 minutes ago, Maddog said:

This is a link to an upcoming promotion for Labor Day.

Note the promotion is over Labor Day and for a cruise window starting September 9, 2021 through September 30, 2022.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers.pdf

That seems like the same same as the last 4 or 5. Black Friday better be good! Lol The last “good” sale was back in February at 45% off. 

Hit and run?

I may be just a suspicious-minded person but…it seems like there are some who join the forums and as their first and only comment, slam Royal…and then disappear. Probably to pop up with another pot-stirring screed elsewhere under another nom de plume. The similarities in some of these comments range from subtle to glaring.

I’m definitely not saying that is the case here. Perish the thought. That would be inappropriate of me.

Just sayin’?

12 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Hit and run?

I may be just a suspicious-minded person but…it seems like there are some who join the forums and as their first and only comment, slam Royal…and then disappear. Probably to pop up with another pot-stirring screed elsewhere under another nom de plume. The similarities in some of these comments range from subtle to glaring.

I’m definitely not saying that is the case here. Perish the thought. That would be inappropriate of me.

Just sayin’?

I think maybe it because people confuse this site to be an official RCL site and want to raise a concern or complain not any bad intentions.

I do understand any challenges to get straight answers from RCL agents ...

13 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I think maybe it because people confuse this site to be an official RCL site and want to raise a concern or complain not any bad intentions.

I do understand any challenges to get straight answers from RCL agents ...

I think I would tend to agree with that…if they engaged in further comments.?

22 hours ago, Dan Swayne said:

I recently had my 4th cruise on RCL canceled this year, this one out of San Juan during Halloween.  Yesterday I received m FCC and finalized the full payment on my next cruise on the Odyssey October 23rd.  I was on the cruise planner site and it the middle of the transaction they raised the price of the deluxe beverage package from $62 to $71 per day!!!  I called customer NO service and the Crown and Anchor Society and they said they couldn't do a thing about it!!!  I am a Diamond Club member and actually am paying for another room on this same cruise.  They treat you like a first time cruiser in an interior cabin, zero regard for customer loyalty at RCL.

The latest cruise planner sale ended on August 26 (according to your gripe...you were on it on the 27th).  I have found that if I log in the morning after a sale ends the sale price for some things is still showing but in actuality the sale is over so that price will be "moot".  I think it takes the cruise planner a little extra time to go back to the regular pricing.  Being a "loyal" Diamond member (as you describe yourself), I would think you have had many opportunities to purchase through the cruise planner...I am still a lowly Gold member and have already learned some of the glitches and roll with the punches.  Not anything to complain about and your comment about being treated like a first time cruiser, In My Opinion, was uncalled for!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for the comments on this topic!  Yes I was a little bit upset at the time I posted this comment.  Since that time I purchased the drinks package at the direction of or TA and kept looking on the cruise planner to seen if the promotional price reappeared and yes it did!  I canceled the book package and purchased the reduced price  offering and saved $200.  Sorry if any of my earlier comments were offending to anybody.