Cruise with Confidence extended and updated

I just want to mention that the “by September 30 or one year from the original sail date” isn’t what they allowed me when I rebooked. I moved a Dec 2021 cruise and an April 2022 cruise, the furthest I could push either was Sep 2022. Maybe it’s because the original sail date from the first time I had to change it because of COVID was a year ago, not sure. 

I really wish that they'd cover sailings that set sail through Sept. 30 to have some consistency. I canceled an itinerary that sails on May 8 (after the April 30, 2022 deadline), and as I understand, my FCC will be the deposit minus $100, to reflect a $100 change fee. And if I have to cancel or change the cruise I moved to, I'll have to pay another $100 change fee because it sails on May 1, 2022, one day after the deadline.

Especially since they're letting people use CWC FCCs on cruises that sail on or before Sept. 30, 2022.

34 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I really wish that they'd cover sailings that set sail through Sept. 30 to have some consistency.

I do too. They keep extending the booking window but are steadfastly maintaining the sail-by limit. I've had my eye on a cruise out of NJ for ages now but it sails mid-May and I'm not chancing booking it without CWC while we Europeans are still not allowed into the US. ?

I just booked a cruise for September 2022 and since "Cruise with Confidence" wasn't in affect for that sailing (as it ends April 2022), I thought I'd book as a refundable deposit cruise (through my travel agent), but when she booked the cruise, she said the RCCL did not offer the cruise as a refundable deposit.

I asked her if she'd seen this before (being 13 months before departure), but she said, not before Covid. I still booked, and risked the deposit $.

Of course, best scenario is... we get to go on the cruise!!!

~Debbie
Liberty of the Seas, Western Caribbean, January, 19, 2020
Radiance of the Seas, Alaska (Seward-Vancouver), June 9, 2019
Carnival Valor, Western Caribbean, May 15, 2017
Monarch of the Seas, Baja Mexico, July 23, 2007

18 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I wish they would extend double points until Oct 31st. I don't get my schedule until the 15th and I would've like to book more cruises but I will not know how to schedule anything until then.

Book what you want and do refundable deposits. Are you talking about extending the booking date? Double points has been extended to cruises sailing by December 31, 2022. (I’m assuming your meaning book by September 2021?) 

Cruise with Confidence ‘book by’ date has been extended from Sept 30 to Oct 31. Booked on or before Oct 31 and set sail on or before April 30, 2022. FCCs are valid to book by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 2022…or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later. 
The Best Price Guarantee has also been extended to book by Oct 31, 2021.
Unless I’m missing it, I think the C&A Double Point offer still has a ‘book by’ date of Sept 30.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

That's interesting..which cruise was this? Were you trying to book a suite or a guarantee room? Those are usually not refundable options.

It's the September 26, 2022, Freedom of the Seas out of Miami to Bahamas, Aft balcony. My travel agent reserved the cabin online and told me that she didn't see a refundable deposit available and that she would call the next day to see how to book it as refundable. She notified me the next day that RCCL said that refundable was not an option.

3 hours ago, miles4us2go said:

It's the September 26, 2022, Freedom of the Seas out of Miami to Bahamas, Aft balcony. My travel agent reserved the cabin online and told me that she didn't see a refundable deposit available and that she would call the next day to see how to book it as refundable. She notified me the next day that RCCL said that refundable was not an option.

Are in the US? I just went on Royal's website and I have the option to book it refundable, so maybe you should have your TA check again by calling and asking someone different at Royal?  Other countries might have different rules with respect to refundable deposits.

image.thumb.png.42f7992abd4f4af7e8a500af36e03a59.png

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Are in the US? I just went on Royal's website and I have the option to book it refundable, so maybe you should have your TA check again by calling and asking someone different at Royal?  Other countries might have different rules with respect to refundable deposits.

image.thumb.png.42f7992abd4f4af7e8a500af36e03a59.png

Yes, I'm in the US. Thank you for finding this! The only difference I see is that I booked last week during the sale, so maybe the non-refundable deposit is because of the sale.

My discounts are:

• $75 Dollars Off NRD
  • $572 Off for BOGO60 NRD
  • $50 Kicker NRD

It made the cruise $871... but your screenshot says $820... I should probably have her look into it.

Thanks, again.

25 minutes ago, miles4us2go said:

It made the cruise $871... but your screenshot says $820... I should probably have her look into it.

Thanks, again.

No problem, definitely have her look into it again. If she can't get you a refundable deposit on your cruise, we can help you find a TA who will ?

As for the pricing, I priced that with my typical C&A status and Florida resident, so YMMV for what your specific pricing will be. Also note that the refundable deposit here adds $102 to the fare.  

14 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

No problem, definitely have her look into it again. If she can't get you a refundable deposit on your cruise, we can help you find a TA who will ?

As for the pricing, I priced that with my typical C&A status and Florida resident, so YMMV for what your specific pricing will be. Also note that the refundable deposit here adds $102 to the fare.  

My travelmate is a FL resident, but just moved to FL last month. I'm in Nevada and so is my travel agent. I should mention to her that a FL resident might have a discount related to that, huh? Also, I noticed that your screenshot says "Balcony Suite". I have booked an Aft Ocean Balcony, so your C&A status maybe gives you that option. I didn't see that option. Only Balcony or Suite. I can't find the category you have on the screenshot. And maybe you did a "We Pick" for the stateroom.

Learning lots. ?

BlcnySuite.JPG

12 minutes ago, miles4us2go said:

Also, I noticed that your screenshot says "Balcony Suite".

That actually refers to my C&A discount for a suite or a balcony.  If you look above the pricing info section you will see what specific Aft Balcony room I selected.  

You can price things out yourself on Royal's site.  That's all I'm doing.  In order to get the Refundable Deposit option you have to fill in the names of the passengers and move onto the next step after that.

Just for fun I repriced it with a FL resident and no C&A discount and got the below pricing, plus the refundable deposit option at $101/room.  Checked it for a NV resident and both were the same, so it wasn't triggering any sort of FL resident discount here.  And the balcony/suite discount from my C&A level discount can't be combined with the flash sale (per the T&C of that sale) so it only nets in a ~$50 savings there anyways, so your TA got the pricing correct, but she's missing the refundable option ?

Cruise fare   $1,568.00
Discounts (3)
Flash Sale   $-75.00
60% Off Second Guest   $-572.00
Instant Savings   $-50.00
Subtotal   $871.00
Taxes & fees   $274.78

36 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

your TA got the pricing correct, but she's missing the refundable option ?

You're so sweet to do all of that calculating for me. ? Can't wait to get cruising again. With the double points it will get me to platinum status. (You remember back when you were building your status, right? ?) ...now, I only hope that the virus protocols will be less severe in 13 months.

I can hope, can't I? ?

1 hour ago, miles4us2go said:

Can't wait to get cruising again. With the double points it will get me to platinum status. (You remember back when you were building your status, right? ?)

If you are status chasing...Since you are in NV, check out the Navigator sailings going out of Southern California! Not as far to get to a port and some of those prices are really cheap..maybe do some solo short weekend cruises...a solo inside room is 4 points a night with the double points going on right now.  

44 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you are status chasing...Since you are in NV, check out the Navigator sailings going out of Southern California! Not as far to get to a port and some of those prices are really cheap..maybe do some solo short weekend cruises...a solo inside room is 4 points a night with the double points going on right now.  

My first cruise was out of SoCal. I just haven't found another one that I'm interested in. I don't feel SoCal cruises have much choice on ports... and I really like Mexico (been there probably 10 times). I like cruising out of Galveston. I fly Southwest Airlines (I'm always amassing points on my Southwest credit card - I have one daughter in CA and another in OR). Galveston is easy to get to from LV and I like the town/island.

This cruise all started because my friend just moved to Florida, and I've never been to FL, so I wanted to visit her and see some of Florida... so, I thought since I will be a couple of hours drive out of Miami when I visit her, it made it an easy opportunity to: 1) Return to cruising, 2) Experience the Eastern Caribbean, and 3) A short sailing, so I could try doing a solo-cruise... then, after mentioning it to my friend, she said, "I'll go with you!!!" So, no solo this time, but I would consider it.

I don't know how much I'm status chasing. I'd like to get to Platinum because I can with this trip. We'll see beyond that. Probably not much 'status chasing' until I'm retired!

Yeah I meant the book by date of Sep 30, 2021. There are quite a few logistics as I won't be sailing alone. Not all types of rooms have a refundable option. Originally my plan was to book a few refundable cruises on Oct/Nov 2022. But schedules are in flux and I would rather not put my TA through a bunch of changes.

3 hours ago, miles4us2go said:

I did... you're right! There's a great option for Jan 2022... Although I probably have a friend who would travel with me. I told her about it today. ? We'll see...

Make sure you price it solo and with 2 people. I booked a couple of short ones that didn't charge the double occupancy and still gets the double points.

20 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

TA got the pricing correct, but she's missing the refundable option ?

My TA rebooked today with the refundable deposit. It's just smart while navigating these waters with the virus restrictions and changes.

Here's what she said: "Sorry about that.  I had to argue and explain I specifically asked the refundable question and was told no.  I took it to the Resolution Department, the booking had to be canceled and rebooked in order for them to change to a Refundable deposit.  The good news is, it's done, same cabin."

On 8/27/2021 at 8:20 AM, Pattycruise said:

67A9A5E6-EB98-4B43-9948-21F29833C086.jpeg

Quick question ....

I booked a cruise long before October 31, 2021 and the deposit is nonrefundable but covered by Cruise with Confidence.

The cruise sails in October 2022

I now want to either #1 cancel the cruise  or #2 change the sail date

The deposit is $200 ($100 per person)

If I cancel I should get a $200 FCC ... right?

If I change the sail date I pay a $100 per person change fee ... which is like losing my deposit.

Should I:

#1 -- cancel the cruise and rebook it after I get a FCC and use it for the new deposit?

#2 -- changing the sail date does NOT seem like a good option

#3 -- forget about it and go on the original cruise date which I don't really want to do.

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

Quick question ....

The cruise sails in October 2022

If I cancel I should get a $200 FCC ... right?

I'm pretty sure this isn't right. The image you linked doesn't tell the full story. Under CWC, your cruise has to sail on or before 30 April 2022 to qualify. 😞

"Whether you’re already booked on a cruise, or are thinking about it, we want you to Cruise with Confidence. That’s why Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through April 30th, 2022. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now through October 31st, 2021, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit is valid to book by April 30th, 2022 and sail by September 30th, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later."

48 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I'm pretty sure this isn't right. The image you linked doesn't tell the full story. Under CWC, your cruise has to sail on or before 30 April 2022 to qualify. 😞

I have read the CWC verbiage at least 100 times and I still don't understand it.  The "sail by April 30th, 2022" makes no sense to me because a FCC can be "applied" by April 30th, 2022 to a cruise that "sails" by Sept 30th 2022.

12 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I have read the CWC verbiage at least 100 times and I still don't understand it.  The "sail by April 30th, 2022" makes no sense to me because a FCC can be "applied" by April 30th, 2022 to a cruise that "sails" by Sept 30th 2022.

I agree it's not clear (like a lot of their stuff!), but in this case they mean that the sail date of the cruise you want to cancel under CWC must be on or before April 30th 2022.