B2B? Pack up and get off the ship with everybody else!

10 hours ago, Galveston Steve said:

Update after reaching out to RCI: "Sorry for the trouble with this, Steve. With our last back-to-back update, we provided the wrong information and apologize for the confusion. We had advised all back-to-back guests that they were required to pack their bags and bring them to the terminal between sailings. This is incorrect. You do not need to pack your bags and bring them to the terminal. Guests who sail on back-to-back cruises must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. This test will be administered onboard at no expense to the guest. The regular back-to-back process will occur on turnaround day which means, back-to-back guests will debark (leaving their luggage onboard) and check-in for the next cruise will take place. Be sure to bring your COVID-19 Vaccine record card, as well as your Passport and any important documents needed to board your next sailing. Thank you for your understanding and we apologize again for the mix-up."

So Steve, do you think you're going to have any issues with keeping your grandson with you on the second half of the B2B ?

23 minutes ago, BrianB said:

More likely somebody carefully thought this process through and decided this was going to be the official B2B policy. Without hoisting it up the proverbial flag pole to see who saluted it.

I completely agree with you.  I think someone thought this would be a great idea....but the pushback was just too swift (as it should be).

23 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So Steve, do you think you're going to have any issues with keeping your grandson with you on the second half of the B2B ?

Thanks for asking! Actually he is only on for the first week for Independence this week. However he and his baby sister are on a B2B with us in December on Grandeur which is the one I was worried about. The statement about passengers who are not eligible to be vaccinated can not do back to backs disappeared from the revised email. So we will just have to see if 1) was that statement an error also? or 2) will that still be a policy in December. 

16 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

Thanks for asking! Actually he is only on for the first week for Independence this week. However he and his baby sister are on a B2B with us in December on Grandeur which is the one I was worried about. The statement about passengers who are not eligible to be vaccinated can not do back to backs disappeared from the revised email. So we will just have to see if 1) was that statement an error also? or 2) will that still be a policy in December. 

I'm pretty psyched about that [B2B being ineligible for unvaxxed] language being removed too since almost all of our cruises for the next 1 1/2 years are B2B or more.  I don't trust them though...  LOL

We will (maybe) be on Grandeur in Feb 2022.  So looking forward to that itin.  Fingers crossed. Hopefully all of you will be able to enjoy the B2B on Grandeur in Dec !!

This whole thing shows how much is still left to be desired in regards to protocols. I think in RCG effort to be safe, some practical knowledge (what I prefer to call common sense) and logic is not be utilized. I am glad they remedied this but I worry what all this incorrect or false information does to the company's brand.

I don't want to be this person but with them saying children won't be vaxxed this year, I doubt they will change their stance on B2B by Dec. I definitely don't understand the logic behind it but I happen to be a realist. In July people thought the Sept protocols would be vastly different. IMHO they have become stricter, I don't think Oct protocols will be any different.....in fact I am sure my S2S in Jan will have the same protocols as now.

28 minutes ago, Jzx1103 said:

So are kids still not allowed to do b2b? Or was that a mistake too? We actually booked b2b back on different ships. Symphony out of Miami and then Odyssey out of Ft Lauderdale next March.

That’s a long ways away. It seems most of these protocols are temporary, meant to address current infection rates and trends. It looks like Royal is navigating their way through these health issues by working with their Healthy Sail Panel, and individual ports, to prevent cruisers and crew from getting sick…and cruising doesn’t get shut down again. Especially because of a mistake they make which results in an infection bloom. Who knows what the future brings…more variants? They have to be flexible-thinking and trying their best to balance passenger safety and reasonable accommodation. Best wishes for you and your kids to have a great time on your cruises!