Check in time assignment question

Shari

Gotta love Royal IT.  I just got an email to check in.  I go to my phone and click on the app and no check in available.  I call up my email on the phone and click on the link which takes me to the app and no check in available.  Sign out of the app and sign back in and no check in available.  Go back to my computer and sign into my account on the computer and NO CHECK IN AVAILABLE.  Sign out and then go back to my email on my computer and click the link and you guessed it no check in available.  I think someone at Royal jumped the gun and sent out emails when check in was still unavailable.

42 minutes ago, Shari said:

Gotta love Royal IT.  I just got an email to check in.  I go to my phone and click on the app and no check in available.  I call up my email on the phone and click on the link which takes me to the app and no check in available.  Sign out of the app and sign back in and no check in available.  Go back to my computer and sign into my account on the computer and NO CHECK IN AVAILABLE.  Sign out and then go back to my email on my computer and click the link and you guessed it no check in available.  I think someone at Royal jumped the gun and sent out emails when check in was still unavailable.

Yep I received 1 right when I booked the sailing even though it was over 6 months away. I was like, that can’t be right. Even before covid, check in was 90 days earliest 

57 minutes ago, Shari said:

Possibly the email was sent out with only the 3:00 pm to 3:30 pm time slot available. Once the limit was reach for the time slot and no other time slot available it just errors out. Same thing happened with my check in for Harmony. Few days later more time slots became available, including the prime 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm slot.

3 hours ago, Shari said:

The same thing happened to us.  We had cancelled a cruise we were already checked in for, then booked another one 45 days out.  Now we're getting the "check in" email but no check in available.  I sent them an email questioning what is going on...we'll see if I hear anything back.  Very frustrating!!!

CHECK IN IS FINALLY OPEN at 40 days;   10/6/2021 Indy out of Galveston

I just tried the website.  Got an unavailable note.  Tried again and was able to get a 1:00 PM check in.  Multiple times were available.  

FINALLY!!   All checked in, printed and luggage tags pending.

I guess I'll have to find something else to do every day and night now!

Mike

On 8/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, Ampurp85 said:

Yes you can. I saw that some sailing have added earlier sail times and always check in the app. When you click on your time the slots available will show up. My sailing still has 1pm as it's earliest check-in time.

what ship are you on?

Starting to think RC may be managed by former CDC government employees. 

The check-in process inconsistency is appalling. Also, if there is Covid-related reduced capacity, who gets involuntarily canceled and when do they get notified?

I understand that the previous “normal” procedures had to be modified but it appears that management completely abandoned them with the restart. 

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Linda R I am sailing Allure Oct 31st. I haven't read of any Allure sailing starting before 1pm.

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Linda R I am sailing Allure Oct 31st. I haven't read of any Allure sailing starting before 1pm.

Thanks.  Was just checking.  I am on Independence Oct. 6th.  Have 1pm check-in.  Hoping it is the first check-in time.  But at least it is fairly early.

@whitsmomThe Key is for sale for my my Oct Allure and Jan sailings. However, I have heard that during the restart it is not really being used. A rep I spoke to basically told me not to hold my breath. You won't get priority boarding as the check-in times are strictly enforced. Plus since you book shows on board there is no priority seating.  Some pax said they purchased for sailings and it was returned because of restart protocols and reduced capacity. 2022 is a ways away so who knows if it will be back up before then.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

@whitsmomThe Key is for sale for my my Oct Allure and Jan sailings. However, I have heard that during the restart it is not really being used. A rep I spoke to basically told me not to hold my breath. You won't get priority boarding as the check-in times are strictly enforced. Plus since you book shows on board there is no priority seating.  Some pax said they purchased for sailings and it was returned because of restart protocols and reduced capacity. 2022 is a ways away so who knows if it will be back up before then.

Fingers crossed that Summer 2022 is a little more Normal!