Need help checking in

Dimension

I have a very interesting problem in which I do not believe that Royal can resolve. I am set to sail on Oasis of the Seas Nov. 3 and check-in has been open now for about 3 weeks. Others on this board have been able to successfully already check in and have been able to select the 1:30 boarding time. I on the other hand cannot even begin the check-in process.

When check-in opened up I was at work and began the process while I was at work. Within Royal's phone app I clicked the check-in button and then was interrupted by a co-worker before even the check-in screen was loaded. While it was still loading on my phone I closed the app. By doing this I evidently locked myself out of the check-in process for if I try to access it from my phone or from my computer I get a message stating that I cannot preform the action. This happened about 3 weeks ago and I waited a week before trying to check-in again. Since I was unable to check in after waiting a week I began to call Royal and informed them of the situation. After being put on hold several times and spending a little over an hour on the phone with them the rep told me that he was going to email tech support to have them look at my account and that someone would call me back from tech support. A week later and still no one called me I called Royal again. This brings us up to this past Monday 8/23. Spoke to another rep about my situation and they informed me that there were no notes about my issue other than I had called in having a check-in problem. I went through the whole explanation of what took place and after 1.5 hours on the phone I was again told that someone would call me back but this rep said that he opened up a ticket with tech support and the ticket would not be closed by their IT department until the issue was resolved. Last night I tried again to check-in but I was still getting the error message. Called Royal again and the rep informed me that no IT ticket was open and that there were no notes about what transpired other than I called in with a check-in problem. I told the rep that the previous one had assured me that a IT ticket was open on my issue. A side note here I was unable to get the IT ticket number from the previous rep for it was for internal use only. Again after spending an hour on the phone with the latest rep he informed me that I was going to wait until some data was uploaded for me to check-in.

I am hopeful that someone on here has ran into this issue and can tell me what I need to tell the Royal rep in order to fix my issue. As I mentioned before I am at the point in which I do not believe that they can fix my issue for the reps are telling me bold face lies about opening tickets with support. I have a sinking feeling that I will just have to show up at the port on boarding day and fill out all my paper port at the port since they are unable to resolve my problem. Any help that anyone can give me to assist in resolving my problem would be GREATLY appreciated.

I am no expert but I had similar issues between using phone, iPad etc. Initially I had to log out first before I could access on another device.  Also try to access your account from the main Royal menu eg manage my cruise rather than the app. You may have to create another account with your or any partner name and reservation number (the same number used for all names in the booking)

I find that sometimes when an app locks me out I can fix it by rebooting my device. I uninstall that app, then completely turn off the phone and wait a while…then turn it back on and reload the app. Turning it completely off and restarting also works to fix annoying little bugs with the phone. Strange that it’s both your phone and your online account…unless one locked the other out. 
Worse case is you have to check in at the port. But I don’t know how you would get an arrival time. 
I’m sure someone else will comment with having a similar issue and how it was managed. Good  luck!

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Try to check in on a desktop/laptop

I second this.   Seeing how glitchy the Royal App is at its present version, I'm more confident checking in on a laptop/desktop.  My guess is that there is a different division at Royal handling the app and they're not promptly keeping it in sync with the website. 

1 hour ago, Allancy said:

I am no expert but I had similar issues between using phone, iPad etc. Initially I had to log out first before I could access on another device.  Also try to access your account from the main Royal menu eg manage my cruise rather than the app. You may have to create another account with your or any partner name and reservation number (the same number used for all names in the booking)

Thanks for the suggestions but I have already tried all of them. I logged out of the app and website then tried again on just the website but the same issue took. I had my wife try and do the check-in under her account but she received the same error message as I did. It appears that there is an issue with the booking.

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

I find that sometimes when an app locks me out I can fix it by rebooting my device. I uninstall that app, then completely turn off the phone and wait a while…then turn it back on and reload the app. Turning it completely off and restarting also works to fix annoying little bugs with the phone. Strange that it’s both your phone and your online account…unless one locked the other out. 
Worse case is you have to check in at the port. But I don’t know how you would get an arrival time. 
I’m sure someone else will comment with having a similar issue and how it was managed. Good  luck!

Thanks for the suggestion but this did not resolve my issue either. I removed the app from my phone then powered it off. While it was off I logged into the website and attempted to proceed with check-in but unfortunately I received the message "Information is currently not available. Please try again later."

14 minutes ago, Allancy said:

Nov 3 is a ways off. Be positive something may happen before boarding.

I sure hope that you are right. I told the last rep that I was going to try every Monday until the ship boarded and each time that I fail to check in that I was going to call Royal and complain. Each rep after spending an hour plus on the phone with them all tell me the same thing that I need to wait but none can tell me how long I need to wait.

1 hour ago, Allancy said:

Not wishing to add to your problem. Is it possible to cancel by calling Royal & then book again online using fcc etc ?

That is an interesting idea. I'll call Costco since I am booked through them to see what they say. What might happen if we do that is that I would have to rebook at whatever today's price is in which case I would be paying a lot more.

I would copy and paste your original post here and send it through Facebook messenger to Royal’s Facebook page. I’ve gotten issues resolved quite quickly going through messenger. 

Here’s the link to their official page: 

https://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbean/

Here’s the link to their official Crown and Anchor page: 

https://www.facebook.com/RoyalCaribbeanCAS/

2 hours ago, Jill said:

I would copy and paste your original post here and send it through Facebook messenger to Royal’s Facebook page. I’ve gotten issues resolved quite quickly going through messenger. 

Here’s the link to their official page: 

https://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbean/

Here’s the link to their official Crown and Anchor page: 

https://www.facebook.com/RoyalCaribbeanCAS/

Great suggestion but I am probably the only person left on Earth that does not have a Facebook account. I refuse to make an account.

37 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Nope. You're not.  I don't have a FB account either and never will.

Nor I survived 55 plus years without FB not messing with it. Even my 15 year old is not permitted. No good usually comes from that! I used to hire people and I can't tell you how many times it bit them squarely in their hind quarters. In the beginning.....I was even a stalker here......and then I encountered a very kind @WAAAYTOOO. Now, well here I am! President of her fan club!!

I have almost no social media presence and I am only 36. It is a horrible cesspool where people can be the worse. Until I joined this blog, the internet was only for work, research and cat videos. I joined FB right after I joined this blog because my cat passed and I was looking for another one. I belong to the roll calls for my sailings and that's it. Unfortunately most business rely on social media, so often times if you want an issue resolved they might be needed. There is a possibility that the OP has something wrong with the booking number, if multiple people have tried through multiple devices, something with the booking is off.

9 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I have almost no social media presence and I am only 36. It is a horrible cesspool where people can be the worse. Until I joined this blog, the internet was only for work, research and cat videos. I joined FB right after I joined this blog because my cat passed and I was looking for another one. I belong to the roll calls for my sailings and that's it. Unfortunately most business rely on social media, so often times if you want an issue resolved they might be needed. There is a possibility that the OP has something wrong with the booking number, if multiple people have tried through multiple devices, something with the booking is off.

The booking number I assume is correct. I purchased the cruise through Costco and have had them involved in an attempt to resolve my issue but they are just a middle man and have no actual power. What is interesting is if I call Royal direct it takes a lot longer before I initially get to speak to someone then going through Costco. I guess Costco has a different phone number that they call to reach support.

3 hours ago, Dimension said:

The booking number I assume is correct. I purchased the cruise through Costco and have had them involved in an attempt to resolve my issue but they are just a middle man and have no actual power. What is interesting is if I call Royal direct it takes a lot longer before I initially get to speak to someone then going through Costco. I guess Costco has a different phone number that they call to reach support.

And that's again a downside of booking with a company like Costco. I hope you can get it resolved!

20 hours ago, Pooch said:

Me either, nor do I have a Twitter account.  No social media presence of any kind.

You aren't alone.  I deleted all of mine as well.  Too much of a time-waster.  I only miss the private cruise groups.  lol

I even considered re-joining for cruise groups only, no friends.  I figure they would think I was a troll (no friends) and not allow me to join.  ?

To the OP, I really hope this just works magically for you the next time you try.  That sucks.

3 hours ago, LeeS said:

What is the latest anyone had to wait to check-in?  I'm 59 days out and still have no access on the phone app or the website to check-in. Starting to get worried!  

Might want to see if there is a roll call for your sailing to see if anyone else has been able to check in.