Booked on The Empress April 14, 2017??..... READ THIS

rjac

The Empress departs Miami on April 14 next year. The 15th is a cruise day and gets into Georgetown, Grand Cayman, on Sunday April 16th. That just happens to be Easter Sunday. All of the liquor will be closed as well as most of the shops in port. Right now there are only three excursions in GC offered if you have booked this trip. I know the stores will be closed because I called a couple of the shops and one liquor distributor. Not a lot to do in Georgetown except hike to a nearby beach! I doubt if taxis will be operating.

Looks like someone in the RCI planning department didn't do their homework!

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email response today from the RCCL Executive Office. I had questioned the possibility of changing this cruise itinerary so that Easter Sunday (April 16) the ship would be in Key West and Grand Cayman on on April 18 (Tuesday).

Bottom line,  it is not possible to do due to numerous factors. So, I will be cancelling this trip.. :angry:  :angry:  

I don't think they can just move ships around like that. I presume they have contractual arrangements with the port authorities and they can't just call up and say 'never mind, we're coming on Sunday instead'...

You are correct. They sign agreements with the ports that specify the minimum number of sailings during the contact's term usually in consideration for port upgrades or other incentives. This is likely the reason why Disney is still sailing from Galveston at prices rivaling Royal's.