FCCs, Refunds, Cancellations, Etc.

I learned a few things tonight interacting with Royal that clarified a few recent items of ongoing discussion.

1. If you are not able or willing to comply with the announced protocols and restrictions, you can cancel and you will be refunded.

2. If you used a Future Cruise Credit, you may be refunded depending on the source of the FCC. If you cancelled under Cruise with confidence (even if your Cruise was later canceled after final payment as you anticipated) your FCC will be reissued with the original expiration date. If it was issued because Royal canceled, it will be included in the refund.

3. Lift and Shift is no longer an option in these cases.

As always, every interaction can have different advice from Royal, but this is what I was told

17 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

. If you are not able or willing to comply with the announced protocols and restrictions, you can cancel and you will be refunded.

This is correct, however, it is important to note it applies to protocols announced.  So September and October sailings, this would be right. But if someone reads September protocols and has a cruise booked for November, this would not kick in until Royal announces November protocols.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

This is correct, however, it is important to note it applies to protocols announced.  So September and October sailings, this would be right. But if someone reads September protocols and has a cruise booked for November, this would not kick in until Royal announces November protocols.

What about unvaxxed pax who have itineraries where unvaxxed are not permitted ?  Are they still requiring you to wait until protocols are announced ?  I guess (hope ??) that things can change by Nov.

Do you have to make final payment in order for this to go into effect, or do you just have to wait until the protocols are announced? I just shifted my last two cruises to the furthest point available from RC, but I’m done with it after this. If mandates are still in effect this time next year I just want my money back. I was going to try to wait it out this time to get a refund, but I didn’t want to make final payment. They already have thousands of my dollars, I don’t want to give them anymore. I feel like they should have given people affected by this an option for FCC refunds a while ago. It’s not their fault, it’s not our fault, I get it, but it’s a bunch of money to just have in limbo.

11 minutes ago, Bowen said:

Do you have to make final payment in order for this to go into effect, or do you just have to wait until the protocols are announced?

Protocols for your specific cruise have to be announced. Right now they seem to be announcing them by ship on a monthly basis.  Since things are constantly fluid and changing, the protocols aren't being announced until well past final payment, so you would have to take the gamble and make the final payment to be eligible for the refund.

So far, I have been making all final payments and then cancelling once they announce the "new" protocols (7 such cruises since the restart).  If you cancel before they announce the protocols you will get an FCC vs cash refund.  ...but what I still don't know is whether we can ask for a cash refund for those cruise itineraries that include ports of call where it has already been announced that unvaccinated are not welcome - but the protocols have not yet been announced.  That has still not been answered that I am aware of.

Received emails advising about itinerary changes for my four Oasis cruises, two each in Sept and Oct. 

Time changes only! Now arriving at Port Canaveral at 2pm and leaving at 8pm…Arriving CocoCay at 8am leaving at 6pm. 
So two hours less in Florida and one hour more at CocCay. That’s going to be a problem for those wishing to make a trip to the parks if that was planned.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:03 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

So far, I have been making all final payments and then cancelling once they announce the "new" protocols (7 such cruises since the restart).  If you cancel before they announce the protocols you will get an FCC vs cash refund.  ...but what I still don't know is whether we can ask for a cash refund for those cruise itineraries that include ports of call where it has already been announced that unvaccinated are not welcome - but the protocols have not yet been announced.  That has still not been answered that I am aware of.

Trying to wrap my head around this so my apologies if this was previously discussed. Here is our situation: first cruise was cancelled and elected to take the FCC towards a sailing on a different ship in October. If we decide that the COVID protocol for our October sailing is unacceptable, can we receive a cash refund? I was under the impression that if you took a FCC, future cancellations (regardless of the reason) had to be in the form of another FCC. 

40 minutes ago, CrusingfromClayton said:

Trying to wrap my head around this so my apologies if this was previously discussed. Here is our situation: first cruise was cancelled and elected to take the FCC towards a sailing on a different ship in October. If we decide that the COVID protocol for our October sailing is unacceptable, can we receive a cash refund? I was under the impression that if you took a FCC, future cancellations (regardless of the reason) had to be in the form of another FCC. 

When I had to cancel, I was told it would depend on the source of the FCC. If Royal cancelled originally, it would be part of the refund, or, if it was a cruise with confidence FCC, it would be reissued as an FCC.  As always,  these things can change ....

I was told that all CWC FCCs are eligible for cash refund whether you cancelled or Royal cancelled.  The only FCCs that are not eligible are non-CWC FCCs.  Now….I still have not gotten my cash refund for the cancelled 8-21-22 SY cruise so I cannot say for sure that all of  my CWC FCCs will be refunded but that is what I expect based on what my TA was told.