Itinerary change - What to do in Costa Maya and Cozumel?

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

Be aware that Mexico has a mask mandate indoors and outdoors.  Just left Costa Maya, was at Cozumel yesterday. 

Masks outdoors in this heat is not a lot fun.  Pick your excursions with this in mind.

After so many months wearing a mask, I feel naked without a mask now, indoors or outdoors

47 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

After so many months wearing a mask, I feel naked without a mask now, indoors or outdoors

Even after a year and a half, in the extremely rare times that I am required (and only if I am willing to play along with the joke), to pull out the stained, torn, dirty, paper mask from March 2020 and put it on  ....I feel like a buffoon for having a mask on ...

You do not have to wear the mask while on the beach, in the water or while eating (was in Cozumel in early August) but need to wear it when going place to place. It is the rules and does no good to debate anyone on it. You either accept it or don't go and I am from a state where masks are not required.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Be aware that Mexico has a mask mandate indoors and outdoors.  Just left Costa Maya, was at Cozumel yesterday. 

Masks outdoors in this heat is not a lot fun.  Pick your excursions with this in mind.

Were you able to explore either port on your own?

Two weeks ago with Quintana Roo State in a "red" condition (based on viral prevalence) business openings and mobility restrictions applied. We received letters in our cabins at the start of our cruise from PEV (Equinox) that included Cozumel and Costa Maya that guests could only debark on a ship's sponsored tours. Nothing was open in the immediate port shops at Coz. Some of the port shops at Costa Maya were open, mostly empty of customers. The pool, pool bar (beautiful btw) and dolphin adventure were open. After our ship's tour we were dropped off at the entry to these shops. You could not go outside though.

Both ship's tours at these ports were reasonably priced and excellent. Celebrity limited group size to less than 20. Pretty nice.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:32 PM, JeffB said:

Were you able to explore either port on your own?

Yes, we walked each port on our own and browsed through the shops that were open with several closed. In Cozumel we actually walked out of the port with no issues and went on our tour that way.

in 2019 we did "Salsa, Salsa and Margaritas". Learned how to make (and eat) two types of salsa and margaritas. Danced the salsa. And I guess there was an unwritten option to stay after and enjoy the beach that the property sits on. (we didn't know about this so we didn't do it)

It was in an nice indoor, air conditioned building and the people were really fun. I ended up buying the book and tools to make the salsa at home and now every time I see them or use them, I am reminded of the good fun.

We paid 99 per person on our 7-night on Liberty. (given your ship, if this one is still offered, I imagine it will be more)