Best Way to Carry Around Sea Pass

My wife insists on a lanyard.  I simply slip it in my back pocket and don't carry my wallet on ship.

As many have stated, it is the size of a credit card or hotel key.  Which leads to another point.  On some of the newer ships, Royal has made it so you have to put your seapass card in a holder in order to keep the lights on in your room.  This is inconvenient if it is on a lanyard.  I haven't been on one of these ships yet, but I plan to use one of my old hotel keys when I do experience it.

1 hour ago, steverk said:

My wife insists on a lanyard.  I simply slip it in my back pocket and don't carry my wallet on ship.

As many have stated, it is the size of a credit card or hotel key.  Which leads to another point.  On some of the newer ships, Royal has made it so you have to put your seapass card in a holder in order to keep the lights on in your room.  This is inconvenient if it is on a lanyard.  I haven't been on one of these ships yet, but I plan to use one of my old hotel keys when I do experience it.

I always bring an old key card or similar card to put in the room slot. I carry my seapass card in my pocket. Now I can use the app on my phone to open the door…Depending on the ship.

I had gotten to the point where I brought my own little hole punch to use on the card and lanyards.  I got tired of waiting at guest services (pre pandemic) to ask for a hole to be punched.  Some guest service people acted like I was asking them to give me their paycheck.  One ship said they didn’t have a hole punch, yet later I was at guest services and they were punching holes.  Now if I was nasty about my request I could understand, but I believe in please and thank you snd I always use that!

I do recall using my hole punch on one of the ships that has a system where you put your card to the door to unlock it (not an insert the card system).  Well apparently you can’t hole punch those cards! Lol  thankfully I had some ID holders  to attach to the lanyards BUT some of our party had the plastic stretch out and lost their cards.   

I am totally undecided.  I have used a lanyard in the past (most of my cruise wear do not have pockets) but I feel like I will need my phone.  I have a couple of small crossbody bags that I think will have to work but i will still have to pull the card out & in.?‍♀️?‍♀️

3 hours ago, steverk said:

I do the same thing. I don’t carry my wallet so I just put it in my pocket.

for the room lights, I have an old hotel room card in my suitcase that slides into the slot perfectly.  

I'm a wallet guy when it comes top carrying my SeaPass.

I know some people don't like to carry their wallet on the ship since you really only need your SeaPass for everything.

Personally, though, I'm so used to carrying a wallet that I would probably do a "panic grab" of my pocket many times a day if I didn't have it.

10 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

If only they could make the WOW bands totally replace the SeaPass Card...

Browsing through the ANTHEM launch book onboard our last cruise there was several pages about how the WOW bracelet would be replacing the SeaPass card on this ship. I guess it never happened?

14 hours ago, Valerie Cooke said:

Trying to decide what to use to keep my SeaPass in. Can anyone share what's worked best for them? What is the actual size? Will it fit in a normal badge ID sleeve that you put on a lanyard? Thanks!  38 days!

If a lanyard is ideal for you....this is what I use at work so I'm able to keep it around my neck and use the retractable reel to scan my badge.  This one is from Amazon.  They have ones that include the plastic badge holder.

lanyard.PNG

I have a phone case with card slots, I currently carry my ID and 1 credit card in there, the last slot will be used for my sea pass card. However I do have a vax case that is clear and attached to a retractable card holder. I may put my vax card in my passport holder after we board and use that instead.

Do you think we will need to carry our vax cards on the ship?  I, perhaps incorrectly, assumed once on board with our little rubber bracelets, we would leave the actual card in the safe with our passports.  Has anyone needed to show it after boarding?

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Do you think we will need to carry our vax cards on the ship?  I, perhaps incorrectly, assumed once on board with our little rubber bracelets, we would leave the actual card in the safe with our passports.  Has anyone needed to show it after boarding?

Not on the ship, the bracelets will be your proof. Depending on what ports you are stopping at you may want to research whether a particular port has started requiring them for entry to shops or restaurants.  

I go the lanyard route with a plastic holder and everything works without having to take the sea pass card out.

And then, that badge goes in a front pocket of a drawstring bag since I have to carry around an emergency inhaler and epi pen with me at all times. I throw my phone and some packets of liquid IV in there as well.

58 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

I give mine to my wife to carry. 
I haven’t lost one yet.

A couple years ago on Mariner, I had to go back up to the Flowrider to get my wife’s Seapass that she left on her seat. 

I’ll keep hanging on to mine. ?