Use FCC on cruise planner

micahd

36 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Can you use someone else’s FCC on your cruise cost?

Also no. They can't be transferred and must be used by the person who's name is on the FCC.

However, you can sort of use someone else's FCC if they are in the same booking, but that's essentially just paying for their share of the cruise fare. 

After so many cruises were cancelled due to Covid…and then newly booked cruises were subsequently cancelled as the shut down dragged on, I took advantage of Royal’s 125% Cruise Planner Credit. Instead of taking the refund for purchased cruise planner items, I took the credit. Nice return on principle! The restrictions are the same as a Future Cruise Credit. The cruise credit can only be used towards the price of a cruise, and the cruise planner credit can only be used to make purchases from the cruise planner. No vice versa!?

2 hours ago, jack_c4321 said:

Also no. They can't be transferred and must be used by the person who's name is on the FCC.

However, you can sort of use someone else's FCC if they are in the same booking, but that's essentially just paying for their share of the cruise fare. 

Royal customer service told me yesterday that they changed policy a few months ago and now allow you to transfer your fcc to other names (just need to email them apparently).  Apparently Royal now knows its our money is behind this change.  But I haven't tried this yet.

1 hour ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

Royal customer service told me yesterday that they changed policy a few months ago and now allow you to transfer your fcc to other names (just need to email them apparently).  Apparently Royal now knows its our money is behind this change.  But I haven't tried this yet.

I'll be interested to see if this holds true...hope you or someone else reading this can confirm!