Questions about the Mobile Version of the Message Boards

PG Cruiser

Hi @Matt!

I have some questions about the mobile version of the Message Boards.

1.   Where can I find the links/buttons for the "Notifications" and the "Messages"?  They're available on the full/desktop version but I couldn't find them on the mobile version.

image.png.afd632b94d12be9727140f4277acd4ee.png

2.   Notifications about quotes and reactions show up on my devices, but clicking on them doesn't open to the post being mentioned.  Am I missing something in my settings?

28 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

What brand of phone?  I've found that the mobile version doesn't work well with iOS Safari browser.  But it works with Chrome.  Not sure why, since I was under the impression that all browsers on iOS use the same rendering back end, so either that changed or there is something else going on.

I'm using an iPhone.  

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

In looking quickly, I don't see it either.  So it's not you.

Something I need to research a bit since most of what you see here is straight out of the box

In another forum I belong to, the buttons for "Notifications" and the "Messages" show up when I press the hamburger (menu) button at the top

image.png.5b66ba633892d298104c19546e38238b.png

15 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I use a work around (Android Chrome):

Open the browser menu and select "desktop site". 

The icons will appear for use, and you can revert when done

Tried the same on iOS Safari, still got the mobile site. ? On the plus side, when I rotate my phone to landscape I do get a more-complete set of editing controls (the icons for bullet list and number list, quote, link, etc.) that I don't get when in portrait mode. So I can start a bullet list in landscape, then switch back to portrait for easier thumb-typing.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:11 PM, Ogilthorpe said:

I use a work around (Android Chrome):

Open the browser menu and select "desktop site". 

The icons will appear for use, and you can revert when done

That worked for me but it would be nice to have them on the mobile site.

On 8/23/2021 at 9:03 AM, Matt said:

In looking quickly, I don't see it either.  So it's not you.

Something I need to research a bit since most of what you see here is straight out of the box

@Matti figured it out the other day. Click on your profile icon and your profile pops up. Scroll on down and you find all your notifications 

No profile icon that I see available from the top row of icons. If I go to a post I replied to and tap my icon there, I have a general activity list about 1/3 of the way down the page, after the Your Achievements section, but it's all activity and not just notifications directed to me.