What to Do?

deep1

Few bookings in front of me. Some I'm over the top excited. Then one that just isn't sitting well with me... The great ones are fine. Not a thing I would change.

The "one" I'm not sure if I can change even... It was originally booked as 5 night on Indy doing Labadee and Jamaica, great price, great dates that fit our kids school breaks...  When RCL shuffled the deck, we were down graded to Mariner: with a different leaving port, different dates,  Labadee (Wont happen likely) and Nassau? Worst part is its not blending with my fiance's kids school break datess. We would need to leave her daughter on shore for it and take her demonic son and a friend to kind of force fill that spot since she can't make it. I'm teasing about the demonic part but he requires a lot of "supervision"... He's also not so keen on cruising... At this point its just kind of an afterthought. One nobody is overly excited for. 

They never gave me a FCC option or Lift and Shift. It was take one of these two dates or its a flat refund. . Since he really doesn't want to go (he is psyched to be going on symphony on an earlier trip) we thought about cancelling one of our balconies and drop the kids..... Well....  This was purchased as one of those "second guest is 60% off" deals. Each kid falls under that so not much at all would come back if we cancel "the kids" . The whole trip was so inexpensive cancelling the whole thing wouldn't kick back enough for a good 3-4 night jump. It would however be a good deposit for something nicer where the kids don't go along at all. I don't want to just dump them  all together but school vacations don't mesh til summer and this is an early spring thing if they did some how let me lift and shift. 

Do I just hang on to it and hope for the best? Do I get a refund on a fare so low I can't buy anything else? Do I eliminate the kids and use that refund for a deposit for fiance and me? Do I try to see if RCCL will work with me on shifting dates, ship and itinerary?  I often get stuck on easy questions like this and I do value your input...

10 hours ago, deep1 said:

Few bookings in front of me. Some I'm over the top excited. Then one that just isn't sitting well with me... The great ones are fine. Not a thing I would change.

The "one" I'm not sure if I can change even... It was originally booked as 5 night on Indy doing Labadee and Jamaica, great price, great dates that fit our kids school breaks...  When RCL shuffled the deck, we were down graded to Mariner: with a different leaving port, different dates,  Labadee (Wont happen likely) and Nassau? Worst part is its not blending with my fiance's kids school break datess. We would need to leave her daughter on shore for it and take her demonic son and a friend to kind of force fill that spot since she can't make it. I'm teasing about the demonic part but he requires a lot of "supervision"... He's also not so keen on cruising... At this point its just kind of an afterthought. One nobody is overly excited for. 

They never gave me a FCC option or Lift and Shift. It was take one of these two dates or its a flat refund. . Since he really doesn't want to go (he is psyched to be going on symphony on an earlier trip) we thought about cancelling one of our balconies and drop the kids..... Well....  This was purchased as one of those "second guest is 60% off" deals. Each kid falls under that so not much at all would come back if we cancel "the kids" . The whole trip was so inexpensive cancelling the whole thing wouldn't kick back enough for a good 3-4 night jump. It would however be a good deposit for something nicer where the kids don't go along at all. I don't want to just dump them  all together but school vacations don't mesh til summer and this is an early spring thing if they did some how let me lift and shift. 

Do I just hang on to it and hope for the best? Do I get a refund on a fare so low I can't buy anything else? Do I eliminate the kids and use that refund for a deposit for fiance and me? Do I try to see if RCCL will work with me on shifting dates, ship and itinerary?  I often get stuck on easy questions like this and I do value your input...

Hmmmmm……after carefully reading your post, please allow me to validate what you have apparently already decided. You’re right, it is an easy question. Don’t feel guilty….just do it!!?