Reservation for Fitness Center?

Hope

Sailing on Allure September 5 and just read you need a reservation for the fitness center.  How do you make the reservation?  I'm curious since we are visiting St Thomas and Cocoa Cay and everyone 12 and older must be vaccinated will this still be the rule?  TIA, Hope

I will be on this sailing as well.

Yes, the requirements are that everyone 12+ must be vaccinated to board the ship.

You will make the fitness center reservations once you are on the ship.  I'm not sure whether it will be something that you do during the app or if you sign up at the Fitness Center.  

I'm not long off Anthem and no reservations required for gym, just for classes (but plenty of spaces).  Not all classes were on the planner though, only found out about other spin classes through instructors in the gym.

If in doubt, when you arrive in the embarkation terminal,  log into the app using ship WiFi and check out the gym (if reservations required it will highlight the reservation button).

Oh and an additional tip - you can also do the e-muster in the terminal too whilst you're waiting to board.

When I was on Allure I asked the fitness center crew member and he basically said what @Boneric and @em.down.the.rabbit.hole said. There is a mechanism for reservations, but in practice they aren't really needed unless they were to reach capacity.

But you can stop by the entrance to the fitness center to make speak to them about reservations on your sailing.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

I can confirm that currently on Serenade the policy is reservations, but the practice is you can go whenever you want and that a crew member monitors capacity. We’re at about 27% capacity so there has yet to be more than 2 other people when I’ve been there.

Do you each have your own personal bartender at that occupancy? LOL

No reservations needed for our cruise last week on Symphony.   I got on a bike and treadmill with no waiting.

But you did have to make a reservation for the fitness classes.  My wife did a 45 minute spin class that cost $23.  One other person attended the class. 

3 hours ago, Va4fam said:

No reservations needed for our cruise last week on Symphony.   I got on a bike and treadmill with no waiting.

But you did have to make a reservation for the fitness classes.  My wife did a 45 minute spin class that cost $23.  One other person attended the class. 

Thanks, Ill probably skip the spin class then, just use the gym for free 🙂

6 hours ago, Va4fam said:

It was 23 dollars for a spin class 😳???

Our Bahamas cruise on Adventure requested reservations which were available on the app prior to sailing. Only after the ones signed up were present were others allowed in and it was size limited due to a smaller gym. On our just completed cruise on Ovation there were no reservations. The gym manager laughed and said due to reduced capacity the gym capacity was not an issue. Each morning that was true, the stretch class had more people in it than the rest of the gym and it is a very good size.