Anyone have any issues with the NextCruise Book Later program?

I bought one on board because I knew some friends were going to cruise with us next year. Even though it was issued in my name, the NextCruise agent said the names didn't matter since the Book Later was basically a gift certificate with a reservation number

My buddy calls up to book and the agent won't do anything with it since it wasn't in his name.

Anyone run into this?

I don't have direct experience, but would this work....

You call and book you and your buddy, with your buddy as primary on reservation.

Then you name swap you out later for your buddy's family. My guess is when you are taken off reservation, their system may be smart enough to take your NextCruise credit with you, but I'm not certain.

Anytime I've used the book later certificate, it's always been for me.

42 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

So...what's book later and how does it work and why should I use it (or not use it)?

At the NextCruise desk, you basically create a blank reservation with the next cruise perks, but you have 2 months to actually select the cruise

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/05/13/royal-caribbean-offering-book-two-months-later-option-nextcruise

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

At the NextCruise desk, you basically create a blank reservation with the next cruise perks, but you have 2 months to actually select the cruise

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/05/13/royal-caribbean-offering-book-two-months-later-option-nextcruise

?? dude that's AWESOME!

I usually scramble on land pre-cruise to find one I will want to book on board to take advantage of the booking perks! Getting a few months after to really research would be AMAZING!

I would read this, at least twice, and take notes/highlight everywhere it talks about booking later.  I see info through the 8 pages.   It’s too bad it’s not in bullet point format to make it easy to understand.

I had booked some next cruise reservations and “the guy” was going to sell me one of those “figure it out later” deals but I balked.  It appears there MAY be a little more involved than I was led to believe (and you were led to believe).

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/next-cruise-booking-terms-and-conditions.pdf

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I would read this, at least twice, and take notes/highlight everywhere it talks about booking later.  I see info through the 8 pages.   It’s too bad it’s not in bullet point format to make it easy to understand.

I had booked some next cruise reservations and “the guy” was going to sell me one of those “figure it out later” deals but I balked.  It appears there MAY be a little more involved than I was led to believe (and you were led to believe).

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/next-cruise-booking-terms-and-conditions.pdf

This seems to be the key sentence: "For a NextCruise Booking initially made as an Open Booking, at least one person named at the time when a specific ship and sail date were selected must sail under that booking or it will be treated as having been cancelled."  It seems to me that the "time when a specific ship and sail date were selected" has not yet arrived for smokeybandit.

1 hour ago, instaGator said:

This seems to be the key sentence: "For a NextCruise Booking initially made as an Open Booking, at least one person named at the time when a specific ship and sail date were selected must sail under that booking or it will be treated as having been cancelled."  It seems to me that the "time when a specific ship and sail date were selected" has not yet arrived for smokeybandit.

Actually, more key (keyer?) to my situation is this:

image.thumb.png.ed803b4d8e48949b7cb26c9d7d6cd404.png

Good find @Pattycruise, thanks

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Actually, more key (keyer?) to my situation is this:

image.thumb.png.ed803b4d8e48949b7cb26c9d7d6cd404.png

Good find @Pattycruise, thanks

I recall “the guy in next cruise” saying it was a $200 deposit per person to make the reservation…meanwhile I was unsure how many would be on said reservation so I gave it a pass.

I did book a solo balcony for myself snd my daughter (2 balconies)  for February and he took another $100 deposit in case my daughter wanted to add a friend.  It does not show on the reservation as a TBD (to be determined) for guest 2 it just shows a deposit of $200 was made.   it will be interesting to see what goes on with that.

their policies are too “Mumbo jumbo “  they really need a simpler way to lay it out to the consumer 

I have learned by dealing with many different agents on multiple phone calls that sometimes there are different ‘interpretations’ of what can and can not be accomplished. If I am not satisfied with a certain outcome, it is possible for me to get the result I wanted by calling again and speaking with another agent. And keeping my finger crossed!