DBP question with a non-drinker

KevinJ

There are three of us in the cabin, so we all have to get the DBP. My wife can't drink and has a letter from her doctor that we use to get her package removed.

So at this point we just have DBP for my son and I. Now the question, has anyone with a similar situation where one cabin guest has been exempted from getting the package tried to cancel and re-book when they saw a better deal? I'm wondering of I'll have to go through the whole book for all three and get my wife removed again, it's sometimes a bit of a hassle getting it done.

Does your wife get the Refreshment package or no package with your letter?

My husband doesn't drink, but gets the Refreshment package.  I call Royal directly to book (can't buy mixed packages on the website).  I also call for any price drops that occur.

I find the Crown & Anchor phone number is the best one to call for this kind of assistance.  I think this is still good information:

Crown & Anchor Society Desk at 1800 754 500 Option 5. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm.

Yes she gets a Refreshment package, although she can't do carbonated beverages either, she gets allot of coffees and juice.

Calling does seem to be getting better, lower wait times, the other issue was getting a copy of her letter to the right department last time it took several transfers to get to them.

I usually have my TA handle this, but already lost out on a sale price I liked due to communication delays, so started handling this part myself.

@San Diego Garrett Interesting, I'll assume you do that when you book the package. I've already booked for my Jan cruise with three DBPs I'll see if they will just adjust it without the letter. I'll just call to book the packages for my next couple of cruises, waiting for Black Friday sales, may even have to re-book my Jan DBPs.

1 hour ago, KevinJ said:

@San Diego Garrett Interesting, I'll assume you do that when you book the package. I've already booked for my Jan cruise with three DBPs I'll see if they will just adjust it without the letter. I'll just call to book the packages for my next couple of cruises, waiting for Black Friday sales, may even have to re-book my Jan DBPs.

You do not need a letter. As long as the other person purchases the refreshment package they are fine with it.