CDC Approval for Harmony

Technically, the CSO expires before Harmony arrives, negating the need for Harmony to do a test cruise.

Of course, it's entirely possible for the CSO to be extended, and then I would assume that Harmony would have to do a test cruise.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Technically, the CSO expires before Harmony arrives, negating the need for Harmony to do a test cruise.

Of course, it's entirely possible for the CSO to be extended, and then I would assume that Harmony would have to do a test cruise.

A test cruise would result in cancelation of it's first cruise (I'm booked on it) or two.  Oh well, what's another canceled cruise or four.  

And then there is the potential 14 day wait to sail with passengers. There is the possibility of losing the first 3 sailings (14 days plus test cruise of at least 2 nights) if something doesn’t change, or if the cruise lines don’t come to an agreement with the evil overlords….I mean the CDC. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/08/10/cdc-rule-prohibits-cruise-ships-based-outside-of-united-states-returning-14-days

43 minutes ago, Scooter6251 said:

A test cruise would result in cancelation of it's first cruise (I'm booked on it) or two.  Oh well, what's another canceled cruise or four.  

34 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

And then there is the potential 14 day wait to sail with passengers. There is the possibility of losing the first 3 sailings (14 days plus test cruise of at least 2 nights) if something doesn’t change, or if the cruise lines don’t come to an agreement with the evil overlords….I mean the CDC. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/08/10/cdc-rule-prohibits-cruise-ships-based-outside-of-united-states-returning-14-days

There’s also the possibility that the final cruises on the other side of the pond are cancelled…along with the transatlantic. Or a combination of both. Determining which cruises to cancel is probably based on revenue earned per cruising. I really can’t see the CDC relinquishing it’s hold on the industry especially during the Delta variant. Then the Epsilon through Omega variants…etc. 

13 minutes ago, BrianB said:

There’s also the possibility that the final cruises on the other side of the pond are cancelled…along with the transatlantic. Or a combination of both. Determining which cruises to cancel is probably based on revenue earned per cruising. I really can’t see the CDC relinquishing it’s hold on the industry especially during the Delta variant. Then the Epsilon through Omega variants…etc. 

I agree. After all, the government just extended the masks on airlines into January. 
https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Airline-News/TSA-extends-mask-rule-January?utm_source=eNewsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=eltrdb&oly_enc_id=4024A2668990B3N

22 minutes ago, Boneric said:

When is Harmony first US voyage? I am booked on the 1/28/22 sailing. Got a very good deal on that sailing so would be bummed if it ended up getting canceled.

November 14,2021. I would think a January 2022 is a pretty safe bet..hope so as I'm on January 16, 2022 ?

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Thank you so very much for always keeping us up to date on all the ever-changing world of cruises at this time.  Much appreciated by all.  We are also on the Nov. 14th sailing on the Harmony and have been vaccinated and all.  What is making us nervous right now is that Royal's fly home benefit ends on October 31st also.  Insurance would not cover a plane trip home and knowing that even without covid but traced to someone that has it onboard you would need to get our own travel home really is weighing on our minds.  We understand and accept the mask policy hands down but hope they can alleviate this one fear soon.

If you could keep us all up to date about this aspect, we would be deeply appreciative.  I know the RC Blog cruise is the next week so I know this would be valuable info for this cruise also.  We would feel fine if they would extend that one part of the order to alleviate our nervousness especially with seeing the Variants becoming more visible.

Thank you.

Michelle

12 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement! said:

What is making us nervous right now is that Royal's fly home benefit ends on October 31st

There's a bit of inconsistency there. If you read the fly home policy it says it's for cruises through December 31, 2021, despite the page with the link to the policy stating it's only through October 31st. 

32 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

There's a bit of inconsistency there. If you read the fly home policy it says it's for cruises through December 31, 2021, despite the page with the link to the policy stating it's only through October 31st. 

Thanks!  We found the document from Royal that has December 31st.  I guess the only other possibility is if the CSO is cancelled October 31st, Royal could possibly cancel their policy that goes to December 31st.  We would be not be nervous at all if Royal told us that that policy would still stay then even if the CSO cancelled.  This Variant is more present each day, and the idea of having to get our own travel home, and we aren't eligible for the booster until mid December is fearful for us.  

I really appreciate your help.  If you hear that Royal will extend no matter if CSO doesn't, I would sincerely appreciate you sharing!

We are so excited to be back on Harmony.  We went on her when she left out of Ft. Lauderdale many years ago and had another one scheduled over Labor day 2019 which was the Hurricane cruise!  Ha!  We always have said our first cruise back would be the Harmony so our fingers and toes are tightly crossed!

Thanks one and all for your valuable information!

Michelle