Dining and Beverage Package Limitations

LogicallyLazy

Guess I just want to clarify on special case scenarios where the dining and beverage packages can and cannot be used. For the most part, I understand what each of the packages include, but what about the small clauses that is not immediately apparent. Also, what is part of the package itself vs Suite/Star class benefits

UDP

- Does it include food served in snack locations around around the ship that cost extra (e.g La Patisserie / Bar foods)

DBP

- Does it include drinks that are ordered from room service? Does it differ if you're in a suite with free room service (i.e Sky class) or star class with in suite dining?

- Starbucks isn't included but what about drinks from Vitaly Bar on ships that have them.

While I know it may differ from ship to ship, curious on what has your experience been for those who have purchased these in the past.

8 hours ago, LogicallyLazy said:

UDP

- Does it include food served in snack locations around around the ship that cost extra (e.g La Patisserie / Bar foods)

Sometimes.  Basically it's "your mileage may vary".  I've heard some people have been charged, however we never were on our last trip.

8 hours ago, LogicallyLazy said:

DBP

- Does it include drinks that are ordered from room service? Does it differ if you're in a suite with free room service (i.e Sky class) or star class with in suite dining?

- Starbucks isn't included but what about drinks from Vitaly Bar on ships that have them.

I don't know about Star Class, but room service drinks are not covered by the DBP for non-Star.  Drinks in the Vitality Bar are included.

UDP does not include La Patisserie. It is hit or miss that it will cover food from the pub (on Quantum class) or Vintages.  I have heard success stories and failure stories.

DBP does include the juices and smoothies at Vitality. You can not use the DBP for room service beverage ordering, even if your room class entitles you to order from the MDR menu.

Edit: basically what @SpeedNoodles said ?

UDP: Haven't had the opportunity of testing out the UDP at the pub on Quantum class ships or vintages on Oasis class. I have had success using it at the Bamboo Room on Mariner in 2019. Playmakers is a given since it is clearly noted in the terms.

DBP: Sailing Star class drinks are included when delivered via room service. Star class will also include Starbucks drinks onboard.

Thanks everyone

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Sometimes.  Basically it's "your mileage may vary".

Yeah that's what I was thinking too since there is different accounts for both getting and not getting it. 

19 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Sailing Star class drinks are included when delivered via room service.

That's good to know. I remember sticking to the mini bar last time as I was worried we would get charged for it

26 minutes ago, LogicallyLazy said:

Thanks everyone

Yeah that's what I was thinking too since there is different accounts for both getting and not getting it. 

That's good to know. I remember sticking to the mini bar last time as I was worried we would get charged for it

When in doubt ask the Genie.

I remember on Symphony in 2018 getting a Bloody Mary delivered in the morning with breakfast then for dinner wine and spirits. Only rule I've heard of when it comes to spirits is directly providing a bottle.

From what I remember, the smoothies at the Vitality Bar are included with the DBP but the addition of protein powder is an extra charge.

As others have said, whether or not the “extra” food options at the pub, etc are included is really ship-dependent.  All food, at any venue, with the exception of Starbucks pastries and candy from the candy-by-the-pound store is included for Star Class.  ….at least, it used to be…

• 1 month later...