Cruise cancelled

Nqfondren

I am very upset with the way things are being handled. Received an email today that we would have to cancel 2 days before we are scheduled to sail ,due to no record of Covid testing. For your information I work in the medical field and you can not get the COVID testing unless you have symptoms or have been exposed, but we have been vaccinated like one of your earlier email suggested. But you wait till 2 days before we sail to send an email, so you have lost us as customers and will not recommend your company to anyone we know. Thanks for ruining my vacation time.

sincerely disappointed

Nora

16 minutes ago, Nqfondren said:

I am very upset with the way things are being handled. Received an email today that we would have to cancel 2 days before we are scheduled to sail ,due to no record of Covid testing. For your information I work in the medical field and you can not get the COVID testing unless you have symptoms or have been exposed, but we have been vaccinated like one of your earlier email suggested. But you wait till 2 days before we sail to send an email, so you have lost us as customers and will not recommend your company to anyone we know. Thanks for ruining my vacation time.

sincerely disappointed

Nora

Might I suggest contacting Royal directly? This is an unofficial blog/fan forum with no oversight from Royal Caribbean.

Sorry about your experience though!

47 minutes ago, Nqfondren said:

sincerely disappointed

Nora

The guys above are nicer than I am.  

It’s been known since the end of July that EVERYONE needs to be tested to board.  You are choosing not to be.  Testing is available for travel purposes at Walgreens, CVS, many urgent cares, independent labs, and airports.  Royal is being nice to allow you to cancel with only 2 days notice.

BTW - I always find it interesting when someone says they work “in the medical field”.  

Welcome to the messageboards, @Nqfondren.

Where are you from that doesn't have COVID testing for travel available?  It's relatively accessible in the United States if you plan ahead.

Royal Caribbean has had the policy in place that tests were required to sail on their ships since the end of July. 

Fortunately, if you are 2 days before you sail your cancellation should fall under Cruise with Confident where you will get a Future Cruise Credit to sail later, perhaps when there aren't as stringent requirements to board.

30 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Testing is most certainly available to people with no symptoms.

And I have not heard that RC requires test results prior to sailing day, none the less two days before.

Yes, they are requiring it.  On the website plus what we were sent said we have to have a test within three days of departure and it has to be presented at the port during our wellness check. 

12 minutes ago, wozswoman said:

Yes, they are requiring it.  On the website plus what we were sent said we have to have a test within three days of departure and it has to be presented at the port during our wellness check. 

@smokeybandit means you don't have to provide test results til you are boarding..they're not sent in beforehend so there's no way Royal has OP on a didn't get tested list proir to the cruise which is how the original post reads.

I think they finally saw an email about the boarding requirements and it's 2 days before they sail and they don't know where they can get a test in time so have to cancel.  

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

@smokeybandit means you don't have to provide test results til you are boarding..they're not sent in beforehend so there's no way Royal has OP on a didn't get tested list proir to the cruise which is how the original post reads.

I think they finally saw an email about the boarding requirements and it's 2 days before they sail and they don't know where they can get a test in time so have to cancel.  

Okay, thanks.  Not the way I read it but that is what happens when dealing with chemicals all day. ?

If you claim to be in the medical field and claim tests are only available for people who are symptomatic or exposed, then I am very, very glad you are not responsible for any aspect of my care, and I really think that you should not be responsible for any aspect of care for any living thing.  Tests are readily available.  If you were not aware they were required to board, then you have been ignoring the news, all communications from RCCL, and certainly have not been following any cruise blogs.

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Welcome to the messageboards, @Nqfondren.

Where are you from that doesn't have COVID testing for travel available?  It's relatively accessible in the United States if you plan ahead

Cant be the UK! My daughter works in a Hospital for the NHS and they are tested every week without fail.

14 hours ago, Nqfondren said:

you can not get the COVID testing unless you have symptoms or have been exposed

Not true. CVS actively allows you to get tests anytime you want, at no additional cost, by telling them it's for travel.

"Are you seeking a test to prevent possible spread of COVID-19 for future travel, work or recreation (according to CDC guidelines)?"

I answer yes to this every time and no issue.

16 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

The guys above are nicer than I am.  

It’s been known since the end of July that EVERYONE needs to be tested to board.  You are choosing not to be.  Testing is available for travel purposes at Walgreens, CVS, many urgent cares, independent labs, and airports.  Royal is being nice to allow you to cancel with only 2 days notice.

BTW - I always find it interesting when someone says they work “in the medical field”.  

And still not knowing the requirement beforehand and blaming the company when it's too late. 
I'm less empathetic of you ruining your own vacation.

Obviously what would make this all better is if RCCL assigned a personal case worked to every cruiser to walk through the evolving landscape.  Someone who would call you every day and confirm you read the email communications, where up to speed on the latest requirements from CDC, RCCL, countries you will be visiting.  Perhaps they can fill out the paperwork for you as well.  Maybe even take the test to make it completely seamless and easy for you to properly enjoy your cruise vacation.  Of course the tens of thousands of passengers who have already successfully navigated these waters without personalized hand holding might be a little jealous....but it's the least we can do to personally absolve you of any personal responsibility in your life.