BYO Snorkeling Gear to CocoCay?

teddy

24 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

How much is charged for fins only on Cococay?

If you're doing the PDCC all day snorkeling excursion, equipment (mask &fins) is in included in the fee (approx $35).  Pick up at the snorkel shack.  You don't pay less for using your own equipment.    I never tried  equipment rental not associated with the excursion.  (others may be know).   (I do remember on another lines' private island they offered just equipment complimentary)

• 4 weeks later...

pros and cons for bringing your own.  

Pros

you know it fits, no need to worry about if it was washed properly between use, no need to wait in a line to get your gear = more water time, saves some $$ at CocoCay

cons

takes up space in your suitcase

99% of the time you don't need fins to snorkel, just float around. 

I took (and plan on continuing to take) my own snorkel gear (divemask, snorkel, and fins) with me to Coco Cay.  I did attend the orientation they had (this is pre-Perfect Day, when there was just the Snorkel Shack and the beach!), which helped me learn where to go and what to look for.  It had the additional benefit of establishing a rapport with the staff -- which came in handy when my (ancient!) fin broke.   The lady at the Snorkel Shack said she didn't want that to spoil my snorkel experience, and lent me a pair of fins!  I don't know that I would expect that to happen -- but she, and the staff, were very friendly and helpful, even though I brought my own gear.