Curacao without an excursion

CrimsonCruiser

Hi cruisers!

I'm not really taken by any of the RC offered excursions so I'm looking for suggestions on by-foot accessible places to visit (shops, restaurants etc.) around the port.

I know with the current situation, getting off without an excursion may not be possible (and of course there's the chance that places may have closed for good), but I'm hoping to compile a list just in case.

Thanks in advance!

Curacao is one of the easiest and most fun places to just "walk around".

When you get off the ship, walk out the gates and keep to the right.  That walk will take you through the renovated fort and around to the Princess Emma pontoon bridge.  Across the bridge is the floating market and a really interesting part of town.  We love to take the a tuk tuk tour (they usually wait for new customers right on the other side of the bridge) around town and we always learn something new.  I was very surprised to find that this area has a very strong and rich Jewish tradition.  Who would have thought ?  I love, love, love Curacao.  It is my favorite Caribbean island.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:54 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Curacao is very easily walkable from the ship! Just make sure you don't get distracted by walking through the fort-turned-shopping area and fail to make it over to the floating bridge.  There are plenty of places to browse and wander the streets.

On 8/20/2021 at 12:32 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Curacao is one of the easiest and most fun places to just "walk around".

When you get off the ship, walk out the gates and keep to the right.  That walk will take you through the renovated fort and around to the Princess Emma pontoon bridge.  Across the bridge is the floating market and a really interesting part of town.  We love to take the a tuk tuk tour (they usually wait for new customers right on the other side of the bridge) around town and we always learn something new.  I was very surprised to find that this area has a very strong and rich Jewish tradition.  Who would have thought ?  I love, love, love Curacao.  It is my favorite Caribbean island.

Oh that's great to hear guys! Worries quickly alleviated. Thanks as always!