Jump to content

xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas - Jun 5, 2022 - Western Med from Barcelona


Recommended Posts

  • VoidoftheSeas changed the title to Wonder of the Seas - Jun 5, 2022 - Western Med from Barcelona
8 hours ago, texascruiser said:

Hello! We are on this sailing as well and are super excited. Four of us coming all the way from Austin, Texas. Spending a week in Spain prior to departure. Can't wait!

Awesome! Welcome aboard! We are pretty pumped about this trip, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, texascruiser said:

Hello! We are on this sailing as well and are super excited. Four of us coming all the way from Austin, Texas. Spending a week in Spain prior to departure. Can't wait!

My family is from Pflugerville and we will have boarded the ship on the 2nd in Rome.  Small world!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlmondFarmer said:

My wife and I, as well as another couple have a two bedroom aqua suite and are celebrating 10 years of marriage. Looking forward to it. Hoping booster requirement is dropped. 

Congrats on the anniversary! We had the ATS 2BR on the Allure this past summer. You're in for a treat. 

We were supposed to have a Star Loft, but that got bumped to a Grand Suite when the ship switched over from Allure to Wonder.

 We managed to snag a 1BR ATS recently when we saw it online, so now we have that room and still have all our star class amenities, since Royal preserved those in the change-over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since this cruise doesn't start and end in the same place for everyone, will there still be...
 

  • a sail away party
  • specific times to get on the ship

Was just kind of curious how all that will work.

Also, I saw someone posted that those embarking from Barcelona already have access to the app. Is that correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Tammy LR said:

Since this cruise doesn't start and end in the same place for everyone, will there still be...
 

  • a sail away party
  • specific times to get on the ship

Was just kind of curious how all that will work.

Also, I saw someone posted that those embarking from Barcelona already have access to the app. Is that correct?

Can't speak for the sail away party, but I imagine they will still have phased boarding, because they still have to turn over the rooms before new guests arrive. I've never sailed in the Mediterranean though, so I don't really know for sure what the boarding process looks like. 

I can confirm that this sailing shows up for me in the app. I can see all the excursion info, menus, etc, but check-in won't be available for a couple of weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2022 at 5:29 PM, VoidoftheSeas said:

Can't speak for the sail away party, but I imagine they will still have phased boarding, because they still have to turn over the rooms before new guests arrive. I've never sailed in the Mediterranean though, so I don't really know for sure what the boarding process looks like. 

I can confirm that this sailing shows up for me in the app. I can see all the excursion info, menus, etc, but check-in won't be available for a couple of weeks. 

I am getting on in Rome and can't get into the app at all for this cruise - it just says, "we're working on the fun".  It works fine for the 3 other cruises I have booked.  Hopefully it will work when we hit check in.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, VoidoftheSeas said:

Can't speak for the sail away party, but I imagine they will still have phased boarding, because they still have to turn over the rooms before new guests arrive. I've never sailed in the Mediterranean though, so I don't really know for sure what the boarding process looks like. 

I can confirm that this sailing shows up for me in the app. I can see all the excursion info, menus, etc, but check-in won't be available for a couple of weeks. 

Okay, thank you. I'm bummed about the app because it isn't showing up for me. It states (just like @wordell1 ) that they're still working on the fun. Maybe I'll reach out to Royal Caribbean and see when we can expect that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just booked onto this cruise today, although will be embarking from Rome on 2nd June. 
 

I’ve checked my cruise planner & the only thing I’ve been able to book was the Solarium Bistro. I’m a bit worried that we’ve missed the chance to book onto the activities and theatre reservations -especially since Royal Caribbean FAQ seems to suggest at least 3 months in advance this would open. 
 

Has anyone been able to book theatre shows/can confirm that the booking isn’t open yet?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, SamH said:

Just booked onto this cruise today, although will be embarking from Rome on 2nd June. 
 

I’ve checked my cruise planner & the only thing I’ve been able to book was the Solarium Bistro. I’m a bit worried that we’ve missed the chance to book onto the activities and theatre reservations -especially since Royal Caribbean FAQ seems to suggest at least 3 months in advance this would open. 
 

Has anyone been able to book theatre shows/can confirm that the booking isn’t open yet?

Thanks!

Shows are usually not able to be booked until boarding.  I am also on your cruise from Rome and the cruise planner is definitely not normal.  I am unable to reserve MTD or book the UDP as an example.  There are also no shore excursions for Barcelona listed.  The app is also not working for me.

Although this cruise allows boarding in either Barcelona or Rome, it definitely seems like Barcelona is the "main" port for boarding.

I'm not sweating it as this cruise is so port intensive that I am seeing the cruise as a very enjoyable way to get from place to place - we are just going to take it as it comes and make the best of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exciting! I’m on 12th June sailing from Barcelona!

I’m curious to know which company people in the U.K are using for their pre covid test? I’ve been in touch with Randox but they don’t provide CLIA lab certification. Not sure who to use!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2022 at 6:57 PM, parkyy2k said:

Exciting! I’m on 12th June sailing from Barcelona!

I’m curious to know which company people in the U.K are using for their pre covid test? I’ve been in touch with Randox but they don’t provide CLIA lab certification. Not sure who to use!

Lioyds chemist you can pre book cost £29.99 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 5:20 PM, VoidoftheSeas said:

I am unbelievably excited about this trip. It's our first real kid-free vacation since our youngest was born (she just turned 7!). We have some pre-cruise adventures planned in Iceland and France as well.

This one might warrant a trip blog as well. We'll see.

Anyone else joining this sailing next summer?

Don’t know how I’ve missed this 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’ve also been using the Facebook group, there’s been a massive price drop so check that out😎 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jason12 said:

Lioyds chemist you can pre book cost £29.99 

I don’t think that test will be enough for Royal Caribbean, as you get your results within 15 minutes, they are t sent off to a lab. They do a PCR test for £79. Ouch!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, parkyy2k said:

I don’t think that test will be enough for Royal Caribbean, as you get your results within 15 minutes, they are t sent off to a lab. They do a PCR test for £79. Ouch!

PCR or lateral flow as long as it supervised it’s all good 👍 

my son is on the May 8th sailing and doing same rest so I will keep you updated 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jason12 said:

PCR or lateral flow as long as it supervised it’s all good 👍 

my son is on the May 8th sailing and doing same rest so I will keep you updated 

Great thanks and fingers crossed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas - Jun 5, 2022 - Western Med from Barcelona

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...