TA - Looking for Recommendation & LIft and Shift Question

baltodave

Hi Everyone,

I've had it with cruise.com and would like to change TA's.  I've read on this website how wonderful MEI is and wanted any recommendations for particular agents.  Cruise.com has been good about getting us discounted cruise fares (due to their groups) and some extra OBC but I'm at the point where I'd rather have great customer service.  We've sailed on several cruises in the Caribbean but we would like to book an Alaskan cruise and Mediterranean cruise (I know nothing about each)

Now, for my issues with cruise.com:  They are very hard to reach by phone.  We had a cruise cancelled (9/26 Liberty OTS) so I called to do a "Lift and Shift" for the same cruise 10/9/22.  We even got the same stateroom.  Well, when I accessed the invoice online, it shows a balance of over $700 (and the original cruise was paid in full!).  So I exchanged emails with their customer support dept and they said they are waiting for a price match from Royal Caribbean.  Can someone explain what's going on there?

Thanks for any information you all can provide.

We had a back to back on Navigator out of Miami scheduled for this November. 

When the East coast Navigator sailings were canceled, we shifted one of them to Freedom.  

There was a week or so after we got our new booking on Freedom before Royal matched the price.

We knew ahead of time this would happen because our travel agent let us know….The great Michelle from MEI. 

About 6 months ago I got frustrated with my long time agent and changed to MEI.  I have been using Jacki York

and it has worked out great. She has been a big help!  Got us and my three daughters with their families set up on a cruise and My wife and I on another cruise.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:38 AM, rjac said:

I second that!?

On 8/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, baltodave said:

Hi Everyone,

I've had it with cruise.com and would like to change TA's.  I've read on this website how wonderful MEI is and wanted any recommendations for particular agents.  Cruise.com has been good about getting us discounted cruise fares (due to their groups) and some extra OBC but I'm at the point where I'd rather have great customer service.  We've sailed on several cruises in the Caribbean but we would like to book an Alaskan cruise and Mediterranean cruise (I know nothing about each)

Now, for my issues with cruise.com:  They are very hard to reach by phone.  We had a cruise cancelled (9/26 Liberty OTS) so I called to do a "Lift and Shift" for the same cruise 10/9/22.  We even got the same stateroom.  Well, when I accessed the invoice online, it shows a balance of over $700 (and the original cruise was paid in full!).  So I exchanged emails with their customer support dept and they said they are waiting for a price match from Royal Caribbean.  Can someone explain what's going on there?

Thanks for any information you all can provide.

Feel your pain.  I dumped CruCon for the same reasons and switched to Michelle at MEI.  Great agent with outstanding response time to any questions or requests.