Flying in Same Day Advice

Aulayan

I know. I know.  I already tried to change it a month ago but changing it will also cancel my departure flight and that's full up as well (Or at least that's what Air2Sea told me).

So I'm stuck with this 7 am flight day of, arriving in Newark at 9 am.  But the question I have, is I also took the Royal Transfer option.  If I'm taken right to the port I'm going to be 2-3 hours early for check in. (I have the earliest check in option at noon, but it's still noon).  My main concern is the luggage.  Is there any ability to drop off the luggage to porters that early and then go and do something else (Probably via Uber), or will we be stuck with our luggage until check in time?

2 hours ago, Aulayan said:

I know. I know.  I already tried to change it a month ago but changing it will also cancel my departure flight and that's full up as well (Or at least that's what Air2Sea told me).

So I'm stuck with this 7 am flight day of, arriving in Newark at 9 am.  But the question I have, is I also took the Royal Transfer option.  If I'm taken right to the port I'm going to be 2-3 hours early for check in. (I have the earliest check in option at noon, but it's still noon).  My main concern is the luggage.  Is there any ability to drop off the luggage to porters that early and then go and do something else (Probably via Uber), or will we be stuck with our luggage until check in time?

If it makes you feel any better, I flew into Newark the day of my B2B Star Class on Anthem back in Feb 2019.  We also used the Royal transfer and everything was peachy.  Not sure when your cruise is, but the risks in Feb were pretty high and we made it through.

Your flight might arrive at 9am but the transfer will likely not be immediately after you pick up any checked luggage. Last time I used a Royal transfer, we were waiting for other flights to arrive and get on the same shuttle to the ship.

I would be prepared to just wait at the terminal for the doors to open.  There really isn't anything nearby the port and once the traffic starts building it can be a slog to get to the terminal building.  In the Before Times, porters were taking luggage early at the terminal - now...my guess is that you will still be able to hand over your luggage a bit early. 

You can always visit the Tear Drop Memorial at the port if you are so inclined.