Anthem of the Seas - December 24, 2021

BrianAlt

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

We're booked...DH, myself, DS16 and DD12.  First time cruising during xmas holidays....and first time on Anthem (supposed to be on her March 2020)

Hoping it'll work out as we're coming from Canada.

This will be our 3rd time on Anthem.  I booked it earlier this year, when I figured out that my April 2021 anthem cruise was going to be cancelled... and my April 2020 Anthem cruise was also cancelled...  we really like Anthem.

Coincidentally, my kids are the same ages/genders as yours.

14 hours ago, karl_nj said:

This will be our 3rd time on Anthem.  I booked it earlier this year, when I figured out that my April 2021 anthem cruise was going to be cancelled... and my April 2020 Anthem cruise was also cancelled...  we really like Anthem.

Coincidentally, my kids are the same ages/genders as yours.

Great to hear that you love Anthem!  This booking is actually a L&S from Dec 2020 (which we booked when March 2020 was cancelled).  Sounds like you've had a few re-bookings too.  I am obsessed with trying this ship.  It looks like it'll have the Royal feel and familiarity but yet different from other Royal classes.  We even have March 2022 if this doesn't work out (and even a further booking...lol)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 4:10 PM, WannaCruise said:

We're booked...DH, myself, DS16 and DD12.  First time cruising during xmas holidays....and first time on Anthem (supposed to be on her March 2020)

Hoping it'll work out as we're coming from Canada.

We're also from Canada. I'm very excited about cruising from a winter climate...  it would be the first time we may see snow on the ship...

My family is not too sure about departing from NJ in winter though...but they're excited to cruise again.

1 hour ago, cruiserccl said:

We're also from Canada. I'm very excited about cruising from a winter climate...  it would be the first time we may see snow on the ship...

My family is not too sure about departing from NJ in winter though...but they're excited to cruise again.

Nice to see another Canadian.  What part?  We're coming in from Toronto, Ontario.  I know...will be strange leaving from a port that could very well have snow.  Never seen that before either.  Doesn't bother us though (I think).  Anthem is apparently made for indoors and cool weather.  Can't wait!

13 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Nice to see another Canadian.  What part?  We're coming in from Toronto, Ontario.  I know...will be strange leaving from a port that could very well have snow.  Never seen that before either.  Doesn't bother us though (I think).  Anthem is apparently made for indoors and cool weather.  Can't wait!

Toronto as well. Yes, I heard that about Anthem...I was really impressed.

We've done cooler weather cruises, but not cold. It will be very interesting to see.

Since we've never been to NJ, we're just a little nervous about getting around.

3 hours ago, cruiserccl said:

Since we've never been to NJ, we're just a little nervous about getting around.

Because it could snow?  Very unlikely.  Not late enough in the season. We haven't had a white Christmas in many years.  And I think the last time we did it was a dusting.

37 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

Because it could snow?  Very unlikely.  Not late enough in the season. We haven't had a white Christmas in many years.  And I think the last time we did it was a dusting.

36 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

Here's a bit of info about NYC.  The port is south of Battery Park in Manhattan.

https://project.wnyc.org/white-christmas/

Thanks so much for the info and link!

I wouldn't mind the snow, I'm just worried about the traffic/congestion/delays it would cause.

I would actually love to see snow on the ship...but that's just me. I'm okay for cold weather. My family prefers warm.

19 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

I think that’s called The Music Hall, the Pub, the Schooner Bar, etc. 😄

Fortunately, he's not much of a drinker and likely the only 20 something that won't have a deluxe beverage package...or any package really...he generally drinks water and juice.

He's more interested in sports...he was in his teens when we went on Allure a few years ago and he really liked the group. Perhaps he can find a forum for our cruise on Facebook or something.

We've mostly cruised on DCL so he stays in touch with that group. Since we seem to generally cruise with the same group of people, it was easy to find them on our cruises. RCCL has way more ships so not as easy I would think.

On 10/9/2021 at 2:58 PM, BrianAlt said:

My 22 yo old son enjoys playing soccer. He’s not much for basketball, though. He’s also good at the climbing wall. 

My son is also 22...he used to play soccer when he was younger, but I think he enjoyed hockey more so he continued with that. He plays and coaches hockey part time. He isn't into basketball either. It sounds like they'll find each other somewhere between the rock climbing, flow rider and iFly.😆

30 minutes ago, Deputy634 said:

We are booked on this sailing.  We have cruised many many times on Anthem and we have also done many xmas cruises.  There will be 9 of us total, cant wait for it to get here.

So nice that you have been on Anthem multiple times.  How do you find it at xmas?  It's our first time travelling this time of year.  We don't actually celebrate the holiday but do enjoy the decorations and general holiday cheer.  

Anyone else worried of the pre-test?  Our kids are in school, but aside from that, we plan on taking things very low key the 2 weeks before with stopping kids extra curricular activities (as both as in person), and not having any playdates or family get togethers (will see the inlaws)

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Anyone else worried of the pre-test?  Our kids are in school, but aside from that, we plan on taking things very low key the 2 weeks before with stopping kids extra curricular activities (as both as in person), and not having any playdates or family get togethers (will see the inlaws)

I'm definitely worried about the pre-test. We're all fully vaccinated and with the same vaccine. My kids are still in school mostly in person (high school and university - although in university some courses are online).

I've warned them that I will be implementing a lockdown 14 days prior to our test date for my family. Sometimes I think it's just going a bit far and I'm just being very paranoid...but I really don't want to take the chance. I know we'd all be very upset if one of us test positive and we didn't do everything we can to ensure we're covid free.

I'm quite aware that even with all this, we can still test positive. But we can only do what we can control.

The one thing I'm glad about the pre-testing is that if we do test positive, we would just stay home and we're not in the US. And more importantly, RCCL will allow us to cancel and receive a full refund should we need to cancel. This is one of the main reasons why we went ahead with the booking.