Will there be a wow factor?

TeresaMc

So long story short, ok never mind long story long:

A girlfriend of mine (my dog groomer) really wanted to go on a cruise, but said she ‘could never afford it’. So I made her a deal, I generally tip her $80 a month for grooming my foo foo dogs. I withheld tips for 8 months before we were supposed to cruise October 2020.  That was relatively close to half the cost of an inside cabin and a coach plane ticket.

Well during COVID I had nothing to do except dream about cruising and those dreams said this is my first cruise back (I did take a 3 day with my 78 year old mother in July but it was a very slow paced uneventful weekend)and we need to do it right.  So now I’ve upgraded everything, I mean everything. While most of these upgrades are for me as well, I’m actually wondering if my friend will have a wow factor. 

we are flying first class, she has only flown once in her life, when she was 12,to Disney

I have a stretch limo taking us from our Fort Lauderdale hotel to the ship

We are in a grand suite, compared to an average hotel room, it’s probably similar

We have oasis lagoon cabana and over the water cabana booked for our coco cay days

im super excited but I might be disappointed that she will not share my excitement, because she has nothing to compare to.

do you think she will be wowed or just like ‘ok this is cruising”?  

She will certainly be wowed, especially if you end up docking next to a Carnival ship! ? 

Which ship are you on and what’s the itinerary? 

We are traveling with our good friends in October on Symphony. She has cruised a few times, her husband only once on the Carnival “Rust Bucket” out of Jacksonville, which is known well as just a gross experience. 

He thought it was fun so I thought it’d be even MORE fun to get them on the biggest and best: Symphony. 

We’ve been cancelled 3 times since May 2020 for this cruise and I’m still soooo excited to show him the “right” way to cruise! 

Have fun and don’t stress over it. Get some drinks in her and you’ll have a blast! 

We are on the 4 night Freedom on Sept 20

She is 28,half my age but we have become pretty good friends, she has low self esteem and I have been trying to be friend/mom and build her confidence up. Matter of fact I am helping her (just coaching) get her own dog grooming business going so this may be her last relaxation period before the long hours that go with starting a business.

54 minutes ago, TeresaMc said:

We are on the 4 night Freedom on Sept 20

She is 28,half my age but we have become pretty good friends, she has low self esteem and I have been trying to be friend/mom and build her confidence up. Matter of fact I am helping her (just coaching) get her own dog grooming business going so this may be her last relaxation period before the long hours that go with starting a business.

Freedom is a great first ship! Recently Amp’d too! It’ll be great! 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

First class airfare, grand suite, cabana....is this the @Lovetocruise2002 origin story?

The @Lovetocruise2002 cruise origin story began with economy airfare, regular oceanview balcony cabin, and no cabana. ? I have evolved since then lol

But @TeresaMc that plan sounds awesome!  What a great thing you are doing!

She will be Wow'ed, I would say show her a few YouTube of cabins on Freedom. I have 3 cruising/vacation newbies with me on my Oct 31st Allure sailing and have been sending them videos. To say they are amazed is an understatement. They like most of the general public have only heard bad things about cruises.  They weren't originally excited because they expected limited offerings, small deathtrap like rooms and uncleanliness. 

I brought a friend along to a loft suite on Oasis one time.  

Fast forward five years and I've invited her to share a balcony on Harmony.

I'm not convinced she'll end up sailing.  Given the number of times she said things like "balcony?" and "not a loft suite?" I think I've created a monster.  A loft suite monster.   

The good thing is I know I am going to be wowed myself, I’m generally a jr suite person.  Only stayed in a grand a couple times and a 2 bedroom a couple times myself.  I’ve had cabanas at Labadee but this is only my 3rd time to CocoCay and never had a cabana there before. 

so maybe the truth is I’m not trying to wow her but I’m selfish and I want it all for myself. ?