Check in problem

SimGuy

Don’t just rely on the app! My Nov 14 cruise opened up for check in at the 90 day out point…but only on the website. That was this past Monday. Even today, the app on my phone still shows check in unavailable… ‘we’re working on the fun’. I tried refreshing the app many times, even rebooting my phone, so unless there’s something wrong on my end…the app apparently isn’t working for this cruise. My other cruises before Nov 14 worked fine on the app.

Just keep trying. I've had 4 check ins since the pandemic started.  Some have been as late as 14 days prior to sailing, some were 90 days out.

I always check in using the website, but it makes since to check both the website and the app regularly.

Word to the wise: keep checking the website for any changes to the protocols.  On one of my ships, they changed the timing of the COVID test from 5 days to 3 days. It was only 4 days until sailing when they did this!

31 minutes ago, Shari said:

I am at about 50 days out and still not check in available on either the website or the app.  My ship has not been through a test cruise yet so I do not know if this impacts the check in availability but I assume it does.

I checked in to my Sept and Oct cruises on the Oasis before they did the test cruise. Also, I’m checked in to two of my Nov cruises on the Anthem and she’s still in the UK. I don’t know if it is different for each ship…but test cruise completion doesn’t seem to matter. Good luck!

For one Nov. cruise the app won't even let me go into that cruise.  Online I can check in but there are no times to pick from.  

They just aren't focused on cruises in November yet.  The CSO may be in play or it might expire.  They don't know so their focus is on cruises that are closer.    

47 minutes ago, Shari said:

I am at about 50 days out and still not check in available on either the website or the app.  My ship has not been through a test cruise yet so I do not know if this impacts the check in availability but I assume it does.

I don't want to worry you, but are you sure your ship is sailing? I wasn't able to check in then finally at day 43, my Enchantment cruise got cancelled. Made me cry a little, but now I am on a ship that is already sailing. Hopefully 4th time is the charm!

1 hour ago, bryresangel said:

I don't want to worry you, but are you sure your ship is sailing? I wasn't able to check in then finally at day 43, my Enchantment cruise got cancelled. Made me cry a little, but now I am on a ship that is already sailing. Hopefully 4th time is the charm!

I am on Liberty.  It is on its way back across the Atlantic after a month in dry dock.  Its test cruise is in mid September.  I am pretty sure my October sailing will happen.

37 minutes ago, ClarkGeek said:

I was just able to select a 1PM check in time for our Nov 13th cruise on Symphony.

Generally speaking what are the earliest times that people are seeing for check-ins?

It may be different depending on which ship and port….but, so far I have checked in to six cruises from Port Liberty in NJ, four on the Oasis and two on the Anthem. I’m pretty sure I got the earliest time offered on the Oasis sailings as check in became available for all of them at once. The earliest time was 12 noon. On both of the Anthem cruises, my check in time is 1pm. 
It’s possible more times may become available as the sailing date gets closer…so I keep checking.

FYI, Liberty OTS is expected in Fort Lauderdale this coming Monday 8/23.  She will start her Test Cruise on September 18.  The Test Cruise will be the same as Independence OTS, 4 days in length, ending 9/22.

It will be a few days, assuming no issues for the CDC to approve.  She should be approved and ready to sail before her first sailing with paying customers on October 3.

1 hour ago, Maddog said:

For those that have been able to check-in, whether with the app or on-line, did you first receive an email notice that check-in was available?

Mike

Nope.  Had to keep checking back every day.  Typically there are social media groups for specific sailings and they're all checking too, so when it opens up someone posts and word of mouth spreads it around!

1 hour ago, Maddog said:

For those that have been able to check-in, whether with the app or on-line, did you first receive an email notice that check-in was available?

Mike

No email notice. My Oasis cruises out of Port Liberty in Sept and Oct opened for check in all at once. I learned on this forum that they were opened and checked in to all four. Both of my Nov Anthem cruises opened up as they usually did pre-pandemic…exactly 90 days prior to sail date. I don’t know if I would have received an email if I didn’t check in right away.

However…I did receive emails from Royal confirming that I was officially checked in. 

46 Day to go and still unable to check in for Oct 6 Indy out of Galveston.  Website will get to check in times but be blank.  App only says come back later.

A lot of extra work and attention to do what should be simple.  That and slow cancellation credits are starting to take some of the fun out of a cruise vacation.

2 hours ago, Maddog said:

Thanks BrianB.

I guess the best course of action is check a couple times a day to see if check-in is open.

I also found that check in availability on the app has been pretty slow. I have an Android…I think others with Apple did better.

I checked in to my Oasis cruises on the app…pretty quick and easy…but the Anthem cruises in Nov only allowed me to check in on the Royal website. So…check both…with emphasis on the website! The app on my phone still shows check in unavailable for the Nov 14 cruise, even though I checked in on the website last Monday. Also remember, if during check in, the only arrival time offered is 3pm…take it. Then you have to keep checking for other times to open up as your sail date gets closer. I think the 3pm is a default until they’re ready to open up scheduling. Good luck!

On 8/21/2021 at 3:41 PM, MikeandRon said:

46 Day to go and still unable to check in for Oct 6 Indy out of Galveston.  Website will get to check in times but be blank.  App only says come back later.

A lot of extra work and attention to do what should be simple.  That and slow cancellation credits are starting to take some of the fun out of a cruise vacation.

I am on that same sailing and having the same issue. 

Check-in for Liberty OTS October 10 sailing opened for about 10 minutes (at least for me at about 1:30 central today).  I got to the finish and site said I was all set - had to pick the only check-in time of 3pm.

Then it stopped working. 

I tried to look at the SetSail docs and nothing happened.  Logged back in and site now says check-in not available.

Oh well, even if I have to start over - it was nice to go through the process.