Aft two bedroom cabin on Enchantment of the Seas why or or why not?

wozswoman

Looking at a 12 day cruise out of Baltimore in Jan 23.  The two bedroom grand suites are available in the aft portion of the ship.  Would you do it? I've never stayed in suite class nor in the aft of a ship.  The price is only $100 less then if we got two balcony cabins but then we would not have all the extra perks like the suite class has.  I read somewhere that the ship is going to be worked on in April 22. 

Thank you,

Tina 

If the suite is less than the two balconies - go for it. We have used the 2 BR suites on family trips and they are great. We love the aft-facing staterooms as watching the wake on a sea day, leaving port, and at night is very relaxing.

As you noted, the suite perks are a bonus as well. The only "downside" (if you want to call it that) is that one of the bedrooms is essentially an interior cabin - those sleeping there must exit to the common area to see outside.

10 hours ago, wozswoman said:

@melmar02 My father has difficulty walking and uses a cane or walker.  Do you think the bathrooms would work? Otherwise the rest of it looks great!

My MIL,  who was with us on Enchantment, just started using her walker and cane after our sailing. Keep in mind that unless you are in an accessible stateroom, there will be a small step up into the bathroom. Maybe 3 inches.

The bath in the master has a shower tub combo, so I don't recommend he use that - it's a pretty high side on the tubs. The 2nd bathroom is small, just like a regular cabin bathroom, but my MIL was able to use it (and share it with our 2 kids) without issue.

One of the things we love about the 2 br suite is that we can have all 3 generations together to visit, but there's enough room to spread out if someone needs a little alone time.