Luggage tags required when changing cabins on back to back cruise

We are on a back to back cruise in September. We will be changing to a different cabin for the second cruise. Do luggage tags matter for this part? Also, will we check in on the app as usual for the second one, and select a time? What is the best time to select, as we will already be on the ship? Thank you

Based on my personal experience, no.

I spent an 8-night then a 6-night on Adventure in January 2020.  I had to change rooms and the cabin steward took care of everything.  I packed my suitcases but left the clothes I had hanging in the closet.  All of my things were transferred to my new cabin.

I don't recall checking in for the second leg.  There was a meeting for "Consecutive Cruisers" (what Royal calls Back to Backs) where everything was explained.

18 minutes ago, CruznBeans said:

We are on a back to back cruise in September. We will be changing to a different cabin for the second cruise. Do luggage tags matter for this part? Also, will we check in on the app as usual for the second one, and select a time? What is the best time to select, as we will already be on the ship? Thank you

When I have done B2B I did not need luggage tags.  I simply gathered up my personal and bathroom things and put in suitcase.  The room steward moved everything to new cabin.  You can leave clothes hung up, shoes in closet, etc.   Was very easy.  No new luggage tags needed.  And you shouldn't have to get a new check-in time.  They may leave you on ship to do immigration and give you your new seapass card, or they will briefly take you off ship and then right back on.  You do not mingle with the new passengers boarding.   At lease this is my experience.   The process may vary by port, number of B2B passengers, or with Covid.  Many times they have brought you to the main dining room for  lunch and immigration came on board to check your passport, etc.