Onboard credit available prior to boarding?

firebuck

Hi guys - I'm 22 days out from my cruise on Oasis,  (woohoo!) and I logged into cruise planner to see that my onboard credit is available now to use for purchases (screenshot attached) !  I haven't seen this on previous cruises - is this a new feature, or have i just been missing it previously?  Either way, it's quite handy to have!

post-4040-0-81498600-1473385649_thumb.png

Must be an Oasis specific change. We're leaving on the Adventure in 21 days and we do not have that option available to us.

I was able to use OBC to purchase my drink package through the cruise planner prior to boarding the Anthem in June.  So not necessarily specific to Oasis and if my previous sailing is any indication this has been around for awhile now.

Question: What is the source of the OBC in this situation? Did you book the cruise directly or with a TA?

I'm curious about that as well:

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php/topic/2478-100-credit/?p=23382

Mine isn't showing up, but it's all from the TA.  On the other hand it may be a website issue, as suddenly there are no restaurants available at all on my November Adventure sailing, but I was able to book one of Rhapsody in April.

bc, I read that for holiday cruises RCI is restricting the specialty restaurant reservations ... since they are now applying holiday pricing to Thanksgiving this might be the same logic getting applied ... or could be a coincidence :)

Ok, that pricing makes sense (I just noted on another thread that Giovanni's on Adventure in Nov is $35/pp but $25/pp on Rhapsody in April '17).

I was able to make reservations last night - when I logged in the main section only offered an option to make MTD rezzies, but at the bottom there was an section that said "You may also be interested in..." and listed the restaurants.  

Question: What is the source of the OBC in this situation? Did you book the cruise directly or with a TA?

Matt - I booked directly with Royal when they had a $125 per person OBC offer. That's got to be the reason I'm seeing it and others that receive the credit through a TA are not.