Testing Around Port of Miami

KD412

Hi everyone! My husband and I are sailing for our first anniversary on Freedom in September. The ship leaves on Monday, and we are flying out early the morning of the Friday before. I haven’t heard for our sailing if we will have to get tested first (we are vaccinated), but I am assuming we will and trying to make a plan. We are not planning on renting a car. I found that there are two testing centers in the Miami Airport, and am thinking those would be our best option but not the most cost effective as there are others that to my knowledge are free in the community with insurance…. But all the ones I have found at CVS, Walgreens, etc. are drive through only and require a vehicle. We’re staying in Sunny Isles Beach until cruise day, if anyone has a suggestion of walk-in or appointment-based options that would take our insurance, or other suggestions based on what you’ve experienced, I’d appreciate hearing them! 

For what it's worth, I have seen people stand in the assigned parking space and have their test administered and then walk back to their home or hotel. Once I used a lab in Miami (Express Gene) that advertised drive through, but they accommodated us when we showed up in a taxi and said "sorry! no car!". In that case they did actually have a tiny space in the office where they could test us.