xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Nov 7th, 2021

ChrisE

Super excited to finally getting back to cruising. Me and my wife have been counting down the days as we just checked in a week ago. Was able to get an earlier check in time as originally only 3pm was available. We have a 1pm now which is a little better but miss the days of when we showed up to board at 1030am.

Anyone else sailing this date?

I’m on this sailing. It’s the first of a b2b. Yes, when check in became available, only the 3-3:30pm time was listed. That’s usually just a default time. As I’m sure you found out…we had to keep checking to see when other times became available. I also got a 1pm. 
My concern with this cruise is that it’s Anthem’s first in the US after home porting in Southampton. According to the CDC…any ship which home ported in a foreign port, and then returns to operate in the US, must quarantine for two weeks. If this restriction is still in place at that time…I figure Royal will have to make a decision; cancel the last cruises from Southampton…or the first cruises from Bayonne. Keeping my fingers crossed! 
Also, yeah I miss driving up to Bayonne early, parking in the parking deck and then going into the terminal to hang out. Always wanted to be one of the first groups to board as soon as possible and begin enjoying the ship. But…I guess those days are over for now. Although Bayonne hasn’t had any cruise ships yet, I’m sure it will be like the other ports; enter only during your listed arrival time. I’ll find out next month when I board the Oasis.

Yes hoping that they get an exception with the repositioning and they don't have to cancel anything. 82 days....

The fact that they have new times for check in should be a welcoming sign that they are trying everything to get this cruise going.

Jealous that you are going on Oasis we have that one planned for May 2022 so we have a long wait ahead of us. 

I saw something about a UK 10/20 sailing being cancelled but no follow up on the comment.   

I was also booked on this 11/7 sailing but was nervous about it happening because of the 14 day guideline.    Yesterday I changed to 11/28 sailing with the WOW sale pricing.    So hopefully 11/7 sails but if not I'm covered (at least I think so). 

1 hour ago, Kurtp13 said:

I saw something about a UK 10/20 sailing being cancelled but no follow up on the comment.   

I was also booked on this 11/7 sailing but was nervous about it happening because of the 14 day guideline.    Yesterday I changed to 11/28 sailing with the WOW sale pricing.    So hopefully 11/7 sails but if not I'm covered (at least I think so). 

The cruises from Southampton are five nights. The website still shows availability for booking on Oct 20 and Oct 25. Hopefully they are going to cancel those cruises (bad for them, good for us?). 
I’m also booked on Nov 28th. Although I booked months ago, the WOW sale gave me a much better price so I took advantage and re-priced. And I’m also encouraged by them opening up the check in times. Looks like a good sign!

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, ChrisE said:

@BrianB I noticed this morning that our check in for this sailing has gone away. It looks like the new check in time is not until 9/23 which makes me worry. Do you see the same thing?

I just looked at it on the app and it said the same thing…check in opens on Sept 23. Then I refreshed it and it’s back to normal. All checked in and same arrival time 12:30. Maybe a temporary glitch. Check it again. Good luck.

****and now it’s back to the Sept 23 date! Frustrating! Hopefully it’s just temporary.

weird mine seems to still be unavailable and from other discussion threads I see that it could be related to RCL waiting until 30 days out for final payment. 9/23 is 45 days out so maybe that's why. I do hope that all my info stays saved as it was with check in time for 1230 and   I don't have to upload all the information again. 

Now all 3 of my Nov cruises have had my completed check-in processes deleted. All replaced with ‘check in will open on (whatever date is 45 days out)’. Hopefully all of our info is retained and auto reloads…especially the early arrival times! Someone commented that’s the info they got from RC. But……..

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 10:07 AM, ChrisE said:

weird mine seems to still be unavailable and from other discussion threads I see that it could be related to RCL waiting until 30 days out for final payment. 9/23 is 45 days out so maybe that's why. I do hope that all my info stays saved as it was with check in time for 1230 and   I don't have to upload all the information again. 

If you are still taking this cruise check all of your info.  When they moved it to Nov. 8th,  they cancelled all reservations and packages you already made.  That means all dinner reservations plus drink and dinner packages you will have to buy again.

Just got my refund applied to my credit card today. Exactly one seventh of the cruise fare. 
Still waiting for them to re-apply my previous OBC amount that I received during a re-price after final payment day. Plus the additional OBC for the inconvenience. Plus the Shareholder OBC. 
…and waiting to see if I will still get the excellent prices that I had previously locked in for my cruise planner purchases that they canceled. Fingers crossed.

I see the one-day refund has been applied to my credit card…but I also see another refund from Royal on the same date for an additional $200. Could that be the ‘Inconvenience’ credit? The email says ‘a credit to spend onboard per stateroom’. That sound like OBC, not a cash refund. Did anyone else get it?

@Irie_vibes When I called them a couple weeks ago they told me that my Bev and Internet Package would carry over to the 6 night cruise and I would be refunded the 1 day for each. I truly hope they weren't lying. I do not see anywhere to purchase either package in the cruise planner as it still says "undefined" for it. I also received the 1 day refund for the missed cruise day so I would have thought that if they were cancelling those bev and internet packages they would have also refunded then. 

I also see that in my cruise docs that were sent that under prepaid gratuities it says NO but I did purchase ahead of time so that could also be refunded to me. 

@BrianB I am still waiting for my OBC for the inconvenience. They applied my Shareholder credit after they switched the cruises so I can see that in my cruise planner. I also hope they honor my prices per day that I had as they were pretty great. All of my purchases were from OBC from another cancelled cruise so I have not seen that applied to my account yet. 

However, we are now 3 weeks away which is pretty exciting.  

Hello!

We are cruising on this cruise.  I’m so excited!  This will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise!  We’ve actually already booked a b2b for May next year.

i have. Couple of questions about this cruise.  I am still unable to check in.  My husband was able to check himself in, but it wouldn’t let him check me in.  Has anyone else had an issue checking in?

Also, we are unable to book any excursions.  I had heard we were supposed to be able to book starting on October 15th.  Does any one know?  

Thank you!

Lshaw0517

Hello @Lshaw0517,

Welcome to RCL you will not be disappointed!!!

What does it say when you log in using your online account is it blocked out or does it just say unavailable? You should be able to check in now. I was able to check in back in Sept. Are both you and your husband under the same reservation?

I can book excursions for both ports but I am unable to see any other pre-cruise items like Beverage Packages, Internet Packages or Dining Packages. 

-Chris 

@Lshaw0517 @ChrisE I just booked the Coco Beach Club for $79. That’s a great price. Also, the Unlimited Beverage Package shows $50 a day. And the dining package, internet packages are available. I guess little by little they’re opening things up. But still no OBC! Waiting for that to show up, but I didn’t want to lose out on the great Beach Club price.

We couldn’t book the beach club sadly it was sold out.  Everything at coco is open, but nothing at port Canaveral yet.  

Also, but just an FYI the customer service guy at Royal Caribbean they told me that there will be no Key on this cruise.  I’m kind of disappointed….

hopefully I’ll be able to check-in tomorrow. 

Lisa

Does anyone know if the $100 OBC for missing a day was per stateroom or person? I got $200 added to my account as OBC. I can now see Beverage and Internet Package is ready to purchase again so we should be seeing that refund soon.

@BrianBCoco Beach is sold out for me as well was at $79 would have been nice to snag that. Cheapest I saw it was $96

On 10/18/2021 at 1:37 PM, Lshaw0517 said:

Hello!

We are cruising on this cruise.  I’m so excited!  This will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise!  We’ve actually already booked a b2b for May next year.

i have. Couple of questions about this cruise.  I am still unable to check in.  My husband was able to check himself in, but it wouldn’t let him check me in.  Has anyone else had an issue checking in?

Also, we are unable to book any excursions.  I had heard we were supposed to be able to book starting on October 15th.  Does any one know?  

Thank you!

Lshaw0517

The planner just started working.  You have to check your self in on your Royal Caribbean app 

On 10/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, ChrisE said:

Does anyone know if the $100 OBC for missing a day was per stateroom or person? I got $200 added to my account as OBC. I can now see Beverage and Internet Package is ready to purchase again so we should be seeing that refund soon.

@BrianBCoco Beach is sold out for me as well was at $79 would have been nice to snag that. Cheapest I saw it was $96

Your on board credit should show up on your cruise planner web site.  Mine just showed up.  But check ur info,  they have a balance on all my parties now.

5 hours ago, ChrisE said:

@BrianB Did you get an email for setting up your complementary covid testing for the cruise. Its for the UK which I think was sent in error? 

I got it, too. I guess they’re still tweaking things with this cruise. I’m still missing my $422 OBC from re-pricing this cruise post final payment. I also got the $100 OBC but wasn’t sure if that was from my Shareholder Benefit request or from the ‘inconvenience’ OBC. I thought I would get the $200 because I have a Junior Suite. My other cruises in November have not been credited with the Shareholder Benefit and I applied for all three of them at the same time. I’ll have to call when we get back to NY on Sunday.

@BrianB Weird. For a second I thought we were going out of UK lol.... I ended up getting $411 back for repricing plus $200 in on board credit for the inconvenience with an interior room plus the Shareholder benefit. We haven't cruised since 2019 so with only 18 days left we are getting super excited. 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Nov 7th, 2021