Check in thru app or cruise planner?

HeatherP

My Nov 14th cruise on the Anthem is open for check in. I checked in on the website this morning and got an early arrival time. But the app on my phone keeps showing check in unavailable…‘We’re working on the fun’…even right now. I always make sure I sign out when I exit the app so it refreshes each time I sign in. I like checking in on the app and scanning my passport, but I’d rather get checked in as soon as possible and secure an early arrival time.

23 hours ago, BrianB said:

My Nov 14th cruise on the Anthem is open for check in. I checked in on the website this morning and got an early arrival time. But the app on my phone keeps showing check in unavailable…‘We’re working on the fun’…even right now. I always make sure I sign out when I exit the app so it refreshes each time I sign in. I like checking in on the app and scanning my passport, but I’d rather get checked in as soon as possible and secure an early arrival time.

45 days out on our Indy sailing and getting same thing. I was able to get it all done on another sailing that’s 80 something days out. Seems to vary. 

On 8/16/2021 at 11:31 AM, HeatherP said:

Where is the best place to do your online check in?  Also what time does it open up on your given day?

I was able to check in using my iPad on the cruise planner app for my Nov 3 cruise on Oasis.  I had been checking every day and the day I actually could check in, i had checked that morning and couldn't but when I checked around 1:30 in afternoon I could!  I am not sure the actual time it became available.  I believe it was around 88 days out maybe?  I am finding out now that the actual boarding times haven't been revealed yet although I do have a 3pm Wellness Check time...not even sure what that is since I haven't been able to let them know I am vaccinated, etc. 

4 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I was able to check in using my iPad on the cruise planner app for my Nov 3 cruise on Oasis.  I had been checking every day and the day I actually could check in, i had checked that morning and couldn't but when I checked around 1:30 in afternoon I could!  I am not sure the actual time it became available.  I believe it was around 88 days out maybe?  I am finding out now that the actual boarding times haven't been revealed yet although I do have a 3pm Wellness Check time...not even sure what that is since I haven't been able to let them know I am vaccinated, etc. 

3 hours ago, DublinFC said:

If we check in sooner than later do we get a better chance of an arrival time?  I want to get as early of an arrival time as possible now that it is being enforced.  

For my Nov 7th cruise on the Anthem, check in became available 90 days out and I checked in right away….but the only arrival time available to choose from was 3-3:30pm. I later discovered that this time appears to be just a default time and some days later, additional times would become available. I checked every day…usually four or ten times a day…and eventually the arrival time choices opened up and I was able to secure a 1pm arrival time. Keep checking!

Also, yesterday, when it was 90 days out for my Nov 14th cruise on the Anthem…the app showed check in unavailable ‘We’re working on the fun’ message. But on the Royal website I was able to check in and secure a 12:30pm arrival time. I have been checking the app every day and it still shows check in unavailable.