No outlets near the bed

5 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I filled out this form for my CPAP as well. They will provide an extension cord as well as distilled water for your humidifier (If you're using one)

They did forget to put the extension cord and water in my stateroom on the first night, but a quick call to guest services got that sorted real quick

10 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I always bring a light to medium duty extension cord which I pack together with my CPAP.  No problems encountered so far.

The first time I brought my CPAP, Royal provided a SUPER heavy duty extension cord that looked like it could power the entire ship.

I used to bring an extension cord.  Then with all of the issues with extension cords I stopped.  I don't want an orange extension cord like what I use for my hedge trimmer (which is what they provide).  So, I replaced the cord that goes to the power supply with a 12' TV cord (same cable).  It is now part of the machine.  No Issues.  Got it on Amazon for $4. 

18 hours ago, Clear Laker said:

I used to bring an extension cord.  Then with all of the issues with extension cords I stopped.  I don't want an orange extension cord like what I use for my hedge trimmer (which is what they provide).  So, I replaced the cord that goes to the power supply with a 12' TV cord (same cable).  It is now part of the machine.  No Issues.  Got it on Amazon for $4. 

My friend did the same. Rather than risk getting an extension cord confiscated at check in…or having the ship supply a cord (which is usually extra-heavy duty, like it could power a house…which is safest but unsightly)…he had a new extended length cord attached to his machine. Just like that…no problem!

On 8/16/2021 at 3:58 AM, PG Cruiser said:

The first time I brought my CPAP, Royal provided a SUPER heavy duty extension cord that looked like it could power the entire ship.

Yep, although I have depended on Celebrity to provide both an extension cord and distilled water for my CPAP, the cords have been gorilla's. It's apparent that 100' heavy duty cords are cut to 20' lengths with male and female plugs wired in to both ends. They work fine. They're just bulky, a bit unwieldy  and impossible to hide.

Early on, I'd email in advance for a cord and distilled water. Now, I just ask my cabin attendant when she introduces her/himself on day one. It ways shows up and in short order.

IOW, no need to bring one and potentially have it confiscated. 

Don't want to hijack this thread but was just wondering how many people on here use the Phillips Respironics CPAP machines that have been recalled.  We registered our CPAP for repair or replacement but haven't heard a thing from Phillips.  Did see an online article that Phillips is waiting FDA approval for the approval for new foam.  Philips has tripled their production power of this new foam and is waiting for a green light from the FDA.  Philips has not given a replacement schedule yet or any information on which machines will be replaced and which ones will be repaired.

23 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'm not sure about this.  I think it's more about what was available at the time.  The extension cord I got had paint splatters on it, maybe used by maintenance for paint spray jobs.

Most likely they provide a cord that is least likely to accidentally get packed up with your stuff and taken home! ? ? 

3 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Don't want to hijack this thread but was just wondering how many people on here use the Phillips Respironics CPAP machines that have been recalled?  We registered our CPAP for repair or replacement but haven't heard a thing from Phillips.  Philips has not given a replacement schedule yet or any information on which machines will be replaced and which ones will be repaired.

Same for me.

6 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Don't want to hijack this thread but was just wondering how many people on here use the Phillips Respironics CPAP machines that have been recalled.  We registered our CPAP for repair or replacement but haven't heard a thing from Phillips.  Did see an online article that Phillips is waiting FDA approval for the approval for new foam.  Philips has tripled their production power of this new foam and is waiting for a green light from the FDA.  Philips has not given a replacement schedule yet or any information on which machines will be replaced and which ones will be repaired.

I have one. It’s crazy that they aren’t giving any options as we aren’t supposed to be using the machines but if we don’t it’s life threatening. I am just continuing to use mine keeping my fingers crossed they find a remedy soon. 

10 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Yep waiting for more info as well

14 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Yep, Mr. SpeedNoodles has this issue as well.

15 hours ago, Shari3 said:

I am just continuing to use mine keeping my fingers crossed they find a remedy soon. 

Psycho has stopped using his under his doctors orders.  He noticed black specks in the hose and we assume its the recalled insulation material.   Doc said its better to go without then breathing that stuff in his lungs overnight.  He's been using the SoClean to clean it and from what we've read, can cause the problem.  

DH is still using his.  From what we read, it appeared that the high temp cleaning methods (Ie So Clean) was accelerating the degradation.  Since he never used something like that and he hasn’t seen any evidence of black specks, we figured it was safer to continue using it.  

42 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

My husband uses "So Clean" as well.  Well SHOOT.  But I didn't think SoClean used high temps to clean, I thought it was just ozone.  Guess we better look into it more.

I may be wrong about it using high heat.  However it works, it was found to exacerbate the problem.