So how's the 'diamond' 3 drink coupon thingy working for you all?

Well just made diamond...so next cruise....well next cruise we are going star class ;)....but cruise after that we were thinking of ditching the booze package....would like to hear feedback from the 3 drink coupon/voucher thingy process with seapass cards.....

1. As smooth as a drink package?  Hand card, get drink.  Or is there added paper work?

2. Account tracking?  Does it show up as a 'bought drink for $xx dollars and then a credit for diamond status?

3. Do Diamond get discount on bottles of wine?

Well the 3 drink vouchers isn't working nearly as well as the 4 drink vouchers that diamonds actually get?

Hand card, get drink, that's it. If you get handed a receipt with a price, they didn't use your voucher. My last cruise I didn't once say "please use my voucher" but they always did.  Your mileage may vary there.

It'll appear in the app as a $0.00 drink at that given bar.  For the betterment of the environment, they don't print the voucher drinks on your paper folio printout

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

It works as advertised.

I'm seriously considering going with it instead of a drink package when I sail on Mariner. 

I went without on my recent Freedom cruise.

As a beer drinker who isn't interested in juices or coffees its borderline if i can make the value work, throw in 4 freebies a day and it doesn't make sense financially. I might do it for convenience depending who i am with but its a tough sell.

11 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

As a beer drinker who isn't interested in juices or coffees its borderline if i can make the value work, throw in 4 freebies a day and it doesn't make sense financially. I might do it for convenience depending who i am with but its a tough sell.

My issue is the evening. Between dinner and after dinner, having 4-5 drinks is not out of the question. But I'm also a social drinker more than anything, so if @twangsterisn't there to pressure me into more drinks, perhaps I can forgo the package.

But I do agree the convenience factor the drink package provides is a very, very compelling reason to get the package so it's one less thing to think about. Pre-drink package, I hated the internal struggle I had of "do I want a drink now, or should I wait and get one later to save money?"

For me if I buy the package it comes out at about 10 beers per day to break even ... but if I get 4 free a day its now 14 a day ... every day.

I could do it ... but it doesn't leave much time for anything except staggering back and forth between the bar and the restroom.

If im with a group though so i might mix in some cocktails than i usually do it "just in case".

3 hours ago, Matt said:

They're included, not to worry. No extra charge.

Just an FYI the 18% on a $13 drink is $2.34, in the past when in the lounge I always tipped around a buck or 2 for drinks.  But with the new process it looks like I will be stocking up on $5 bills since I usually get her one at the same time also.

Follow up question.....

So we are now officially diamond....my 10 and 14 yr old are also now diamond (they have sailed every night with us...so not an inherited thing...although I doubt it would matter for this question).

They drink smoothies all the time on board.  I always get them the refreshment package since you can't get them with the soda package....being diamond now....does that mean they get drink vouchers daily too?  I know it sounds like a weird question since we always seem to focus on the alcohol benefit....I've never seen/heard of how the diamond benefit works for underage cruisers and drinks.

Hmm... @AshleyDillo and @WAAAYTOOO it takes a lot of take me out of my happy place on a cruise, but I would seriously be unhappy if that is true. 

After our next cruise (whenever that might be), my two girls will be Diamond on their own as well.  I would not expect them to be able to redeem for alcoholic beverages, but if they did not get them at all because of their age, it just doesn't sit well with me.....

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Are you sure ?  I read somewhere else that the kids don't get drink vouchers.

Yes, 100% sure since my son got them on Adventure. But on the start off that cruise I was told that was the first week minors got the drinks. Note this is minors who are actually diamond, not just children on a reservation of parents who are diamond.

I have a related question.  We will take our first cruise as Diamond in January and as I understand it, the 4 drink vouchers are loaded on your cruise card.

My question is, "If you also purchase a non-alcoholic beverage package, can a soda purchase, bottled water, or a specialty coffee be charged against the beverage package versus the 4 drink voucher?    

19 minutes ago, Thorntor said:

I have a related question.  We will take our first cruise as Diamond in January and as I understand it, the 4 drink vouchers are loaded on your cruise card.

My question is, "If you also purchase a non-alcoholic beverage package, can a soda purchase, bottled water, or a specialty coffee be charged against the beverage package versus the 4 drink voucher?    

In the past I had to specifically state I wanted to use the Diamond drinks when ordering (when the Happy Hour 3 drinks were given).  If I didn't say anything they automatically rang it up full price.  Once I even told them it was a Diamond drink and they never gave me a slip but it still showed as a full drink charge on my bill that I later had to go get taken off at Guest Services.  I would imagine it will be the same way, by default they'll use the package if you have it but if your package doesn't cover the drink they would charge you for it unless they knew to apply the discount.  

14 hours ago, Thorntor said:

Yes, just tell the waiter when ordering to use your Diamond drink voucher.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:17 PM, smokeybandit said:

Yes, 100% sure since my son got them on Adventure. But on the start off that cruise I was told that was the first week minors got the drinks. Note this is minors who are actually diamond, not just children on a reservation of parents who are diamond.

That’s great to hear!  Our 9yo son is Diamond on his own as well and only 7 nights behind us for Diamond Plus on his own.  I’m glad to hear he can actually get free smoothies!!

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Follow up, to my follow up---------- diamond drink vouchers is fleet wide or only certain vessels?

Fleetwide!

10 minutes ago, KLA said:

Actually going to add on a question here - any idea if NA beers could be included as Diamond drinks or available in the Diamond lounge? 

If they have them, you can use the vouchers. The vouchers can be used for mocktails, fancypants coffees, soda, etc. It does not have to be alcohol.

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If they have them, you can use the vouchers. The vouchers can be used for mocktails, fancypants coffees, soda, etc. It does not have to be alcohol.

Yay! I'm glad to hear this - pub evenings with acoustic guitar just wouldn't feel quite the same with diet coke (but being on a ship I'd be perfectly happy anyway). 

Maybe now just with less singing along. 

• 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, Mamadoublea said:

Does anyone know if you still get the drink vouchers if you are diamond but also staying in a star class suite that includes a drink package? I’d like to be able to “buy” drinks for my brother in law who is not staying in the suite. 

Yes. You just make it a point to tell them you want to use your Diamond voucher when ordering the drink for your brother-in-law.

We have never had any issues ordering drinks and giving them to someone else. You order the drinks, tell them you are using your Diamond allotment, and you can give them to anyone you want unless they are underage. Only restrictions are you have to order them and you only have 4 as Diamond or 5 as Diamond+  per day.