Can I choose a specific floating cabana once on board the ship?

jtinkey

Hey all - I have a floating cabana booked on CocoCay when we're on Odyssey in a little over a week. Does anyone know if it's like other cabanas on the island where you can pick your specific cabana? I've rented two types of cabanas in the past and I went to the shore excursions desk as soon as I boarded the ship and they allowed me to pick which one I wanted. Has anyone done that for the floating cabanas at coco beach club? Thanks!

Not sure when you last booked a cabana, but I don't think you can pick your exact cabana (regardless of location/type) anymore, even by stopping at the Shore Excursion desk. They're all automatically assigned in order of when they were purchased. The only exception might be if you're in a suite and the Genie/Concierge can select for you.

4 hours ago, KJones said:

Not sure when you last booked a cabana, but I don't think you can pick your exact cabana (regardless of location/type) anymore, even by stopping at the Shore Excursion desk. They're all automatically assigned in order of when they were purchased. The only exception might be if you're in a suite and the Genie/Concierge can select for you.

Okay, interesting. Thanks for the input! The last time was April 2019 - a cabana on south beach.

My feelings is that the ability to pick a specific cabana at the shore excursion desk went away because multiple ships were docking at CocoCay on the same day. The booking system for the cabanas doesn't allow to pick specific cabanas, so the shore excursion desk can't see anything other than quantity in inventory and they wouldn't be able to promise a specific cabin as they're dealing with another ship looking at the same inventory. You may have more success now while they only have one ship docking there at a time, but again it also depends on who you ask.

• 2 weeks later...