Cover all your details, folks

Oh boy. Dot all I’s and cross all t’s. There’s a woman here on her honeymoon, but her husband’s covid vaccination card is missing the signature for the FIRST shot, so sounds like they won’t let them on board.

She’s understandably upset and crying. Just rolled off muttering that RC ruined their honeymoon.

Ironically, 3 out of the 4 vaccination cards for our family have no signatures at all.  The 2 teens were done at Walgreens, and just say “Walgreens”, and mine was done at a state/national guard site (SNHU) and is a sticker with Pfizer, lot #, and says SNHU.  No names at all.  Only my husband’s which was done at his work (hospital), has the name of the RN who administered it..

36 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

Ironically, 3 out of the 4 vaccination cards for our family have no signatures at all.  The 2 teens were done at Walgreens, and just say “Walgreens”, and mine was done at a state/national guard site (SNHU) and is a sticker with Pfizer, lot #, and says SNHU.  No names at all.  Only my husband’s which was done at his work (hospital), has the name of the RN who administered it..

Same here, no signatures, all my card has is "XYZ Pharmacy #123" for that section.

43 minutes ago, HtownHolly said:

Oh boy. Dot all I’s and cross all t’s. There’s a woman here on her honeymoon, but her husband’s covid vaccination card is missing the signature for the FIRST shot, so sounds like they won’t let them on board.

She’s understandably upset and crying. Just rolled off muttering that RC ruined their honeymoon.

Looking at a blank card all it has for the field is "Healthcare Professional or Clinic Site". Nothing requiring a signature. Only guess is maybe the name/site field was empty for the first shot.

41 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Same here, no signatures, all my card has is "XYZ Pharmacy #123" for that section.

Looking at a blank card all it has for the field is "Healthcare Professional or Clinic Site". Nothing requiring a signature. Only guess is maybe the name/site field was empty for the first shot.

That would be my guess too, no indication of where it was administered.

3 hours ago, HtownHolly said:

That's complete BS if they don't allow them to sail for that reason.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I'm not saying these people were fakers, but if a card is missing details or there are scribbles that's something a faker would do and in this situation they can't take chances knowing there are fake cards out there.

Yeah I highly doubt they're faking it. But if you were going to fake it, you'd fill out everything that can be filled out, especially something that can never be independently verified at the pier.

I hope they were able to get on one way or another.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm not saying these people were fakers, but if a card is missing details or there are scribbles that's something a faker would do and in this situation they can't take chances knowing there are fake cards out there.

Lots of people at the vaccination sites were volunteers, and there was/is a LOT of variance as to what was written on the cdc cards.  Both between vaccine sites, and at the same sites between shots.  And plenty of scribbles.  It’s unfortunate that a standard requirement either wasn’t set, or wasn’t adhered to, but it’s not indicative of fraud.

My first shot at the Walgreens and I'm having an internal struggle the entire time. The young lady filled out my card incorrectly but I didn't know it right away. I took my card and went to my car thank goodness I looked before I left, instead of the date of vaccine she put my birthday, I received my shot in 1966? Yikes I went directly back in to have a new one printed and they didn't want to do it because I could have gotten the card anywhere, I just left! It took a few extra minutes but they begrudgingly and sloppily made me a new card.  The second time my butt didn't leave the chair until I checked. 

I think the situation of the newlyweds  could have been handled quietly and respectfully, just a signature,  give the groom a covid test and allow the honeymoon to continue..it's a honeymoon probably won't be leaving their cabin much anyway, what a sad situation for all involved. Check those documents! 

The more comments I read about vaccination cards not having any signatures, including mine…the more it seems likely that there is something other than missing signatures to this story. 
Is it possible that the reference to ‘the first signature’ was actually the proof of the first shot? If there was no indication that the first shot was administered, then they would be considered unvaccinated. That would seem to make sense…just wondering…

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Who exactly denied them....the senior citizens who work at the port to verify your info? Someone from Royal (with a Royal nametag on)? Port official? US Customs?

Good question. It could have even been the second assistant to the assistant hot dog and soft salted pretzel concessionaire operator. They’re pretty high up the chain, in my opinion. I mean, who doesn’t like extra napkins??

For those with missing data, call your local health department.

I was vaccinated at a small local grocery store chain pharmacy.  I just called my Health department to see if they could look in the (TX)  state database to ensure both Moderna shots and lot numbers were captured.    They confirmed it was, and offered to make a duplicate card with my details, dates, lots, and verified by the HealthDepartment name in the clinic spaces.  I’m definitely taking them up on this offer, for the household.    We can keep the duplicates in safe deposit box just in case needed. 

20 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

mine was done at a state/national guard site (SNHU) and is a sticker with Pfizer, lot #, and says SNHU.  No names at all.  

The same goes with mine! I received mine at our local convention center and the only thing that is handwritten are the dates. My husband went to CVS and they wrote the dates and location.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I can look up my vaccination records as a whole on my state's website. I actually took that printout with us just in case there were any CDC card issues on check-in

I just logged into my online chart with my doctor's office and printed the page showing when I got the two doses. I'm adding it with my vax card! We leave on Adventure from Galveston in 93 days and I am not about to risk being denied boarding! We have waited far too long to this! It's so sad that people are creating fake vax cards because they are beginning to ruin it for others ☹️ ?

I can look up my vaccination records as a whole on my state's website. I actually took that printout with us just in case there were any CDC card issues on check-in

Thank you for the terrific idea.

Based on your advice, I went to our state health department website and requested email copies of our vax records...it'll be our backup doc for our cruise next month. ? 

Thanks! Our state also has records we can request.  I just requested ours, and it will be 4-6 weeks by email.

Also wanted to say that for those of you who have an online account with the pharmacy where you received the injection(s), you can retrieve the detail of that in your account.  I snipped the details of ours just in case the state takes a while to send the info.  ?

14 minutes ago, HtownHolly said:

This was in Galveston for Indy… it was right there at the terminal, so it wasn’t RC folks making the call it was wherever handles that very first check point at the pier.

I do hope once they brought in higher ups they got things resolved for the better. I don't blame the check-in contractors for raising it as a question.

I just can't help but look at the abject failure of the current administration to standardize mechanisms for proof of vaccination. We have passports, right? We have uniformity in state driver's licenses, right? A fake proof vaccine document is entirely doable. It could be done by the states, funded by the US government and issued via the same mechanism that various forms of state IDs are issued. If we had this, stupid stuff like happened here wouldn't be happening and the cruise lines wouldn't have to deal with it.

The EU has had problems with getting everyone on the same page but the majority of EU countries have mechanisms to prove citizens have been vaccinated and travel and/or move freely between boarders of states requiring proof of vaccination to enter. As well, vaccine passports can be used to enter venues where proprietors require it on the basis of creating a safe environment in their places of business.  

Instead, here in the US, we argue about the constitutionality of various PH mitigation measures while at the same time arguing about the potential discriminatory nature of having a vaccine passport. Incredible. When will reasonableness prevail in this storm.

14 minutes ago, Pooch said:

but that assumes a level of state cooperation we will never see.

Well, we have uniform driver's licensing but I take your point. I suspect you are referring to the state government's political stands on vaccine passports. Already a contentious political issue that should not be. Federalism is a thing but I think in the current circumstance a congressional mandate would solve that. Then again politics. Reasonableness is screwed.  

I guess we're going to see what they say about a cdc vaccine card with my name, dob, and the location/healthcare worker's initials hand written in pen.  There are stickers with lot #s for each dose, but that's it.

I got mine done at a local hospital and they told me that's all I need.  I can access my health care records online and see the two dates of my shots, but no other info.

My wife had her shots done at a state-sponsored shot fair and has a preprinted sticker with her name, dob, address, and a bar code stuck to her card, along with stickers for the lot #s of each dose.

My card is entirely hand written, name, DOB, vaccine & lot administered and location of clinic.  I am able to access mine & hubby’s records & print out the vaccine information so I’ll probably do that too.  Hopefully can find it for my son too.  Glad we did not laminate the card as it looks like a booster shot is in our future.

I am wondering if the husband, in the case mentioned in the first post, may have lost his first shot card, and got the second done, but they didn't fill in all the data for the first shot?

After reading this, I looked at my card. It had the batch number for the second shot.

However, I could not find my first dose card when I returned for the second dose.

Instead of waiting, the person just filled out the date on the card and stamped. No Batch Number of the first dose.

Fortunately, my thanks for posting this, I caught that and found my original first card that recorded the batch number.

So will be taking both cards. Then both batch number will be available.

Whew, I may have dodged a VAX bullet on that one.

Oh, and do not laminate. They may do booster shots. The plastic pockets work best.

A little overly picky.

my state shut done the ability for each person to look up their own vaccine status in the state Immunization Registry Information System (IRIS).

it was available when we first got shots in February, because I looked. 

now you have to fill out a request to the state health department,  who know how long that will take.  Drivers License renewal appointments are 45-60 days out.