Travel Agent on vacation

cdixon22

14 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

My MEI travel agent is on vacation and I just repriced our November cruise under wow sale and there is a big difference.  Can anyone at MEI travel adjust or do I need to wait for her to return from vacation?

Do you have a refundable deposit? If so, the fare is higher. 

I always end up bugging @Sharla to price check and then she does and then reminds me I have a refundable deposit so no better price for me. 

I always forget that lol and always disappointed ?

27 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

My MEI travel agent is on vacation and I just repriced our November cruise under wow sale and there is a big difference.  Can anyone at MEI travel adjust or do I need to wait for her to return from vacation?

I recall in the past when my MEI agent was out of pocket they'd have an auto reply to contact another agent. Maybe try sending an email to your agent and see if you get some sort of auto reply. I know some agents still go the extra mile and will respond while on vacation.

21 minutes ago, Jill said:

Do you have a refundable deposit? If so, the fare is higher. 

I always end up bugging @Sharla to price check and then she does and then reminds me I have a refundable deposit so no better price for me. 

I always forget that lol and always disappointed ?

No non-refundable. 

9 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

I recall in the past when my MEI agent was out of pocket they'd have an auto reply to contact another agent. Maybe try sending an email to your agent and see if you get some sort of auto reply. I know some agents still go the extra mile and will respond while on vacation.

Just sent. No auto reply. 

17 minutes ago, Pooch said:

And how do I sign up for notification?

If you sign up to be a Royal Caribbean INSIDER (http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/support) you will get notifications before everyone else.

I'm not sure @Matt is planning on making a blog post about the cruises, so I don't know if it gets announced in any other ways other than it being added to the events page or when he mentions it in his various live streams.

Since this is basically a @Sharlaand MEI appreciation thread (and a "Why you should consider MEI for your cruise planning" thread), let me chime in with some praise. Way back sometime last year, Sharla went on vacation, and before she left, she told me who would be filling in for her. Of course, during that time, I found a cruise...and her coworker was right on it, and Sharla dove right in after she got back from vacation.

I tend to be very anxious/focused on getting things squared away (this week was an example due to a situation that changed very quickly), and occasionally I stumble over details or things get lost in a brain fog, and the MEI team has always been so very patient and helpful. I had a different travel agency in the before times (both before the pandemic and before I found MEI), and they frustrated me to no end.

The Blog definitely has cultivated the right partnership with the right agency! Enjoy your vacation, Sharla! ?

9 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Since this is basically a @Sharlaand MEI appreciation thread (and a "Why you should consider MEI for your cruise planning" thread), let me chime in with some praise. Way back sometime last year, Sharla went on vacation, and before she left, she told me who would be filling in for her. Of course, during that time, I found a cruise...and her coworker was right on it, and Sharla dove right in after she got back from vacation.

I tend to be very anxious/focused on getting things squared away (this week was an example due to a situation that changed very quickly), and occasionally I stumble over details or things get lost in a brain fog, and the MEI team has always been so very patient and helpful. I had a different travel agency in the before times (both before the pandemic and before I found MEI), and they frustrated me to no end.

The Blog definitely has cultivated the right partnership with the right agency! Enjoy your vacation, Sharla! ?

Well said. Agree with you 100% or as Royal would say 199.94528%. LoL sorry another thread. 

I booked through a travel agent that is distant family, as part of a family celebration.  She is a TA part time on the side and is currently on vacation. 

The new WOW deal is a better price for me, but do I have any options when she is not available to change the reservation?  I emailed her and she said she would look at it when she gets back, which is Monday after the deal expires.

The WOW sale has already "ended" and been "extended" so it may still be here next week.  They usually have the same "sale" for a few weeks in a row.  Then, they give it a new name, change the wording and promos, and the actual price might go up or down a bit.  It's all marketing.  Here's the email headlines I've received about the WOW sale in the last week:

Thursday 8/12 - Welcome back WOW Sale! Get up to...

Sunday 8/15 - ENDS TODAY: Get up to...

Monday 8/16 - Here's a Monday Treat: WOW Sale is STILL ON! Get up to...

Tuesday 8/17 - WOW Sale is E-N-D-I-N-G! Save up to...

You get the idea...

• 1 month later...

I prefer to plan my vacation myself. It is much more interesting and exciting and helps to choose the most interesting and profitable options specifically for yourself. So I was planning a trip to Italy and it was an unforgettable experience and meetings with very interesting and unusual people, which of course would not have happened during the tour. I prefer to travel by train as well. There is something special about this. The magic of traveling by train during the holidays can't be compared to anything. So I would advise you to plan your vacation yourself.