xSAILEDx Mariner of the Seas - July 17, 2022 - RoyalCaribbeanBlog Group Cruise

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Matt (or anyone else for that matter) do you know if/when we may start seeing shore excursions for the stop in St Croix on this trip?  I logged into the RC cruise planner today and noticed that I hadn't booked anything for Labadee.   After booking the Amiga Island excursion at Labadee, I went to add a St Croix excursion and see nothing there.  🤔
Thanks....

Oh yea, Loved the Wonder of the seas Full ship tour.  Can't wait to do that one. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to go on a "group" cruise, have never done one.  But, this one is right between our May 13th Ovations, Alaska cruise and our Nov 26th Harmony out of Ft. Lauderdale.  Can't afford 3 cruises in one year, maybe in mid-late 2023 if you have one.  But, we are looking to go on the Wonder in 2023 some time.

Just booked this one because of Kids Sail free without even realizing it was the group cruise.  This is going to be the third! cruise Matt and co will be on that we're on purely by coincidence.   We're also going on Mariner for the May 28th Bermuda cruise which will get us to Diamon, so two in a relatively short period on the same ship is new for us.  The July 17th one will be the first as Diamond members.   Last was Wonder of the Seas (2nd sailing00Ran into Matt at Adventure Ocean dropoff and wound up in the same elevator after), and Odyssey back in September.  But neither was a real "group" cruise. 

On 3/19/2022 at 6:49 PM, jay1021 said:

Bar crawls and Slot Pulls are fun.  Wish I could go and convince someone to organize a slot pull and bar crawl.

Group Cruises usually end up having a bar crawl of some sort. Sometimes it is well organized in advance and other times it's just thrown together at the last minute and we meander thr ship together and terrorize atypical bars such as the one in the Windjammer.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Group Cruises usually end up having a bar crawl of some sort. Sometimes it is well organized in advance and other times it's just thrown together at the last minute and we meander thr ship together and terrorize atypical bars such as the one in the Windjammer.

I've never been on a "Group Cruise".  When I was a loyal cruiser to Brand X, I though of joining John Heald's (he's the face and voice of Brand X) but never got around to it.  Anyway, I'm looking seriously at joining in on a "Group Cruise" in mid-late 2023.  I'm considering Matt's, if he has one then, a "Slot Pull Group", or what ever.   

Hi!  I've been a fan of RCBlog for years 😃.  Matt, your full ship video tour of Mariner is great.   My family will be on the Mariner on the July 17th cruise!  Random coincidence; we booked it a year ago, so we're not part of the "official" group, but I'd love to meet up or join in activities if possible.  Is there a way to do this or know what's going on if we're not part of the MEI Travel group? 

On 3/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, amy in va said:

Is there a way to do this or know what's going on if we're not part of the MEI Travel group? 

A majority of the events are open to anyone. I never wanted to be the guy who said "you didn't book with my TA? We can't hang out"

There will be a few exclusive events to those that booked with MEI so there's an incentive to book with them, and a reward to those that support the group cruises by booking with MEI.

But you're absolutely welcome to join us for the non-exclusive events, of which 75-80% are not exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, Matt said:

A majority of the events are open to anyone. I never wanted to be the guy who said "you didn't book with my TA? We can't hang out"

There will be a few exclusive events to those that booked with MEI so there's an incentive to book with them, and a reward to those that support the group cruises by booking with MEI.

But you're absolutely welcome to join us for the non-exclusive events, of which 75-80% are not exclusive.

Matt - will there be some representatives of MEI Travel on board as well? I do currently have a TA but he may want to retire at some point and I am checking out other TA's to see if we are a fit. I have met one or two gentlemen who work with MEI but they told me at that time they did not really deal with Royal Caribbean. so would be interested in meeting some of the people who do work with Royal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • DixieS changed the title to Mariner of the Seas- July 17-25 2022 (8 night cruise)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As an FYI for those that haven't heard - Mariner will be departing from Cruise Terminal 5 (CT5) at Port Canaveral as Harmony will be at CT1 (the one next to Grills) on 7/18. We're also scheduled to return to CT5 on Monday 7/25 as Indy is at CT1. Make sure you plan your parking/transportation accordingly.  Address for CT5 is Cruise Terminal #5 - 9245 Charles Rowland Drive

287499509_10162116269409966_2250970478956494472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=JVF7pd8LZgUAX-089zR&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=00_AT-GNM160zsVUM0XeJr_t_-UTJEeQjYuGhBwLdyXhCV6xg&oe=62AAC34E

287825766_10162116269649966_7319982189392956400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=V1M3XJ0msIwAX-pchsI&tn=PhMmMF5eBvwxQMwP&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=00_AT_Xx2dC_7zZ-YcER64cNuE2xqf_5tzc4bXeSbeltKv0tA&oe=62A95CB6

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 9:58 PM, JC Pats said:

As an FYI for those that haven't heard - Mariner will be departing from Cruise Terminal 5 (CT5) at Port Canaveral as Harmony will be at CT1 (the one next to Grills) on 7/18. We're also scheduled to return to CT5 on Monday 7/25 as Indy is at CT1. Make sure you plan your parking/transportation accordingly.  Address for CT5 is Cruise Terminal #5 - 9245 Charles Rowland Drive

Thanks for the heads up.... I'll see if I can remember this Lol 😃

8 hours ago, SuperStarian said:

How will we know what group activities are planned? Will we have to give the secret word when we see a group member at the Windjammere😉

@Beci and @Matt should be working on the activites and let us know soon.  You should have gotten an email about the group excursion on St. Kitts if you booked through MEI.

18 hours ago, SuperStarian said:

How will we know what group activities are planned? Will we have to give the secret word when we see a group member at the Windjammere😉

Hi!   Our apologies for the delay. We just got the venues approved so our schedule of events should be out shortly.  Appreciate your patience! 

12 hours ago, Beci said:

Hi!   Our apologies for the delay. We just got the venues approved so our schedule of events should be out shortly.  Appreciate your patience! 

No worries! I just wanted to make sure I did not miss anything. I will reach out to my MEI TA for information on the St. Kitts excursion.

On 6/27/2022 at 2:07 PM, SuperStarian said:

Are you in the GroupMe app we have set up for the group cruise?

On 6/30/2022 at 7:32 AM, Matt said:

Event schedule posted! I'll update it if anything needs to change, so keep it bookmarked https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-blog-mariner-of-the-seas-group-cruise-events-0

Is this a typical type of schedule that all group cruises follow? Not necessarily specifics, but types of activities.

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Is this a typical type of schedule that all group cruises follow? Not necessarily specifics, but types of activities.

I would say yes, Matt/Beci do a good job of the balancing between fun family activities and the nightly shenanigans! 

13 minutes ago, hiya2527 said:

I'm booked on this cruise but I booked through AAA before I knew it was a group cruise, am I still allowed to participate?

Unless it’s an exclusive event for those that booked with MEI - absolutely! Those exclusive events are marked on the schedule! 

On 7/3/2022 at 7:28 PM, hiya2527 said:

I'm booked on this cruise but I booked through AAA before I knew it was a group cruise, am I still allowed to participate?

Yes, you can come to any event that is not exclusively for guests that booked with MEI Travel.

I never wanted to be the guy that says "You can't hang out with us because you didn't use this travel agent."

Here's the schedule of events: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-blog-mariner-of-the-seas-group-cruise-events-0