Looking for recommendations... Fort Lauderdale Hotel to Port Miami Cruise Port

KLA

Hello All! 

4 of us are looking for the best way to get from our Fort Lauderdale Hotel to the Port of Miami on Friday.. our current plan is to shove the 4 of us in to an Uber X, but wondering if anyone else had a better or more cost effective alternative?

Thanks! 

Uber is the best way from Fort Lauderdale to Port of Miami. The cabs are dirty, unreliable and more expensive then Uber. Make sure you time rush hour traffic into your planning. I don't know of any other way besides some kind of a small bus charter that would be cheaper.

So if we wanted to both avoid traffic and arrive at port as early as possible.. should we leave around 10 - 10:30 AM?

how does one find an Uber without a smartphone?  and what exactly is Uber? just curious.

Uber is an app on a phone (or tablet) where you can order a ride from a average Joe. You pay through the app so no cash changes hands. I believe you can even track the car through the app on a map, and also get a phone number of the driver if needed.

Uber is an app on a phone (or tablet) where you can order a ride from a average Joe. You pay through the app so no cash changes hands. I believe you can even track the car through the app on a map, and also get a phone number of the driver if needed.

Yes - you also get the license plate of the driver, a picture of the driver, and you can share all of this information as well as your current location with a friend via the app. I'm a big fan.

Uber is so much better than a traditional cab, and it is not even close.  Never had a bad experience with Uber.  Not sure that you can use them without the app though.

I have a cruise departing from Lauderdale this February, we are staying at the Marriott not too far from the cruise terminal and they provide a shuttle to the port.  It is not a cheap hotel though (I don't think those exist in Fort Lauderdale!). I think a lot of the hotels in the area normally have a shuttle, even if there is a fee, it's normally less than $10 per person.

so I would need a smartphone... :(

I still have a slide phone..lol

At least it's not a flip phone. ;)

You do need a smart phone to access Uber.

Kayla, I concur with there rest that Uber is your best choice. Found this to be true throughout Europe as well. Uber X was cheaper than the cab's and way nicer (Mercedes and BMWs).

Take an Uber to the rustic inn in Fort Lauderdale for dinner and get the simply awesome and amazing garlic crabs. You will thank me later!

I *love* the Rustic Inn.. didn't make it there this time, though! Wound up going to an Oyster bar near my hotel that I loved.